Gaming Windows 7 ... Games do not install a start menu folder

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I recently formatted my com and installed Windows 7, and it's good, because I realized my performance is much better and faster.

However, I've one problem that's troubling me.

I've no problem installing games since capability issues are near 0. However, the problem comes when the game installed should come with a start menu folder didn't appear on my start menu. Instead, the shortcut of the game went into the Games section.

For example:

I've installed Call of Duty World At War, and by right, the start menu should have a folder like Activision\Call of Duty - World at War, however, I couldn't find my CoD WaW shortcut, and only managed to find my Modern Warfare shortcut:

2bo5ms.jpg

And INSTEAD, it appeared in my Games start menu folder ...

zt6l4k.jpg

Oh, and also, if you look at the picture, it goes the same for my Need For Speed Shift ... no Electronic Arts\Need For Speed Shift\ start menu folder, but straight into the game folder...

And one more thing to add on ... it seems that Modern Warfare, which is not in the games start menu folder, has its own start menu folder, so ... is there any setting that I can do such that the games I installed don't go into the game folder but has its own start menu folder?

Cheers
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
they're "games for windows" and m$ wanted them to appear next to their shitty shovelware crap.
so uh, manually make a shortcut. its what everyone else does.

honestly though, why aren't you using steam?

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
they're "games for windows" and m$ wanted them to appear next to their shitty shovelware crap.

Thanks, and yeah.

But I would go for Garena if I want online play though.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
XtremeCore said:
Antoligy said:

Thanks, and yeah.

But I would go for Garena if I want online play though.

garena is shit.
who pays to have an avatar?
its also bloatware.
its not even worth using it for the virtual lan, I'd rather use hamachi, and THATS made by logmein

EDIT:
QUOTE(XWolf @ Nov 15 2009, 05:35 PM)
Maybe he wants to be able to play games when not connected to the internet?
please, steam lets you do that. except without the multiplayer, which is fucking retarded as you wouldn't be able to play online multiplayer offline anyways.
lern2think

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:

Maybe he wants the physical case and disc.
That's why I buy my games in stores, and I don't have to DL the games either. Takes me about 30 min back and forth going to a 24/7 walmart and doesn't get tied to a account, and takes me 11 hours to DL a 4GB game. Which is better?

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Teny said:
Antoligy said:

Maybe he wants the physical case and disc.
That's why I buy my games in stores, and I don't have to DL the games either. Takes me about 30 min back and forth going to a 24/7 walmart and doesn't get tied to a account, and takes me 11 hours to DL a 4GB game. Which is better?
I'm fairly sure that the games from steam are compressed so its not the full 4gb you're downloading. Also once you've downloaded it you CAN back it up onto a DVD and of course this will have all the updates on it as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a