Windows 10?

kr1v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, gbatemp.net it is! Can't figure out how to post on reddit. Anyway, I've been asking myself thins question for a while now and I still don't know the answer. The question is: what is the version of windows 10 with the most features? I've heard answers like enterprise, server versions, but I still don't know :( (wanted letdown emoji here but froze chrome)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are good sub-categories on Reddit, but I honestly would rather avoid if. If I visit it, I just do it as a guest.

Anyway, for me, my favorite Windows 10 version is the LTSC Build 1809 (2019). This one has no Edge browser, Cortana, Windows Store, or constant updates. Plus, it has extended support until 2029 rather than 2025 (commercial editions Home/Pro).

Moreover, the Windows 10 version with the most features is probably the Pro, but with most features you also get a lot of Microsoft's trash bundled with it.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you asking out of hypothetical reasons or because you're looking at which version to install?

I ask because things like Server are ABSOLUTELY not for domestic users and some software I tried to install by default wouldn't even let me because it assumed I was a commercial user (Note: I got my license from uni).

I did use Enterprise at one point, but I ended up switching back to Pro because the W10 version would be too far behind for some games and was a bit annoying to update (although that may have since improved).

Reactions: Marc_LFD

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are good sub-categories on Reddit, but I honestly would rather avoid if. If I visit it, I just do it as a guest.

Anyway, for me, my favorite Windows 10 version is the LTSC Build 1809 (2019). This one has no Edge browser, Cortana, Windows Store, or constant updates. Plus, it has extended support until 2029 rather than 2025 (commercial editions Home/Pro).

Moreover, the Windows 10 version with the most features is probably the Pro, but with most features you also get a lot of Microsoft's trash bundled with it.
you should update 1809 has elevated privileg vulnerability https://msrc.microsoft.com/update-guide/vulnerability/CVE-2018-8592

even if its not a big entry point since the attacker needs physical acces to the computer there are still other entry points possible

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kr1v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for all the answers! I am looking for the version with the most features, not that I am gonna install it or something but yeah! (so the version with most features out of all, not useful for home use doesn't matter)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the answers! I am looking for the version with the most features, not that I am gonna install it or something but yeah! (so the version with most features out of all, not useful for home use doesn't matter)
If you ever consider installing 11 (I personally won't), don't use the Home version if you're fine logging in to your Microsoft account (Hotmail/Outlook). The "Pro" version doesn't require that.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Unless you are on a corporate environment you will never need enterprise version, they only have thing for help the IT department to distribute configurations and to interact with a Active Directory Domain (don't worry you don't need to know what that is).

So Pro is the version with most features you will ever need.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It gets its updates every month accordingly, or do you mean upgrade to a newer build?
yeah you will definetly have the fix update for that vulnerability but as a thumb rule always use lates build and latest patches

there are always entry points for instance even on the latest win 11 you could use azure to get acces to microsoft account and then you could remoteshell in to that pc (i wont exactly explain how) and even the latest edge revision could also be exploited

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use home. Edge is good for installing apps in dev mode on the series x. Sometimes other browsers get stuck. Also, the Microsoft store is good for wsl, which is what I often use to compile things.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw nice, it's cool there's finally a use for a Microsoft browser.
I've only had it happen once, when I was using firefox. it got stuck during an install, so I had to close it, then use edge. I read somewhere that it is indeed recommended with the series x/xbone for reasons such as that.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol