Windows 10 concerns

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by HarEllis6202, Jun 2, 2015.

1. HarEllis6202
    OP

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    Hello everyone :) I just wanted to get the general opinion of everyone here about windows 10, my PC is a fair gaming PC that can play most on ultra or max at 60fps and I received my notification for a free windows upgrade for the first year and bow I have two "keys" reserved let's sat but I'm worried about my mothers laptop. She has a dell xps 1536 or something or other and getting all the drivers for win 8 was hard enough so my question is. Should I be OK with the Microsoft drivers on my laptop? Bi know OEMS tend to release base drives a that lay the footprint for the correct software but I managed to use Microsoft's drives thus far. Thanks for reading

2. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    It's really a case by case basis, but from what I've heard most drivers should work on 10 from 7/8.1, the biggest drivers issue came from the xp to vista driver update, but most drivers that are from vista on should most likely be compatible.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Me UMPC runs Win 10 on Vista drivers, haven't had a single issue with it apart from the touchscreen, edges not being very responsive.
    Other then that, Vista drivers work perfectly under Win 10.

4. HarEllis6202
    OP

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    Thanks for the input right now I have bigger problem my month old build is now powering off randomly... Lol its all good parts and I seems that sometimes it does it because its under load and other tines it just shuts off when idle.