Windows 10 "Add or Remove" Details Pane?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by jonthedit, Oct 7, 2015.

1. jonthedit
    OP

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Windows 10 has a new way to uninstall programs and apps- and I am fine with that.
    What I am NOT fine with is that I can not see the application versions that would normally be listed in Windows 7.

For example, my Realtek Audio Driver would be listed in Windows 7 as:

Name |
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Date |
    8/31/2015
    Size |
    Unavailable
    Version:

Now with Windows 10, there is no "version" pane on any item, and that is a problem for me when going through drivers.
    Is there anyway to enable this or do I have to resort to a 3rd party uninstaller to check?

** in the case of the example app I knew it was 6559, and there is a new version 7560, but in most cases [drivers] you cannot check as easily.

Last edited by jonthedit, Oct 7, 2015
  2. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    You should be able to access the old (i.e. desktop) Add/Remove tool from the control panel.

3. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    You can also right-click on Start and go to "Programs and Features" to access this ;)

jonthedit likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    [​IMG]
    Seems to show the version fine to me. :P

5. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    The way they talked up Continuum, if figured that both the desktop and metro interfaces would contain all the same information/switches, and the only thing that would change was how the options were presented to you based on you input methodology.

However, it seems that they have made a lot of features/switches only available through one interface or another, and removed a lot of the desktop functionality (theme settings, for example). This is the exact opposite thing they were supposed to do, based on their own mission statement.

Seriously disappointed with Windows 10 thus far, and extremely confused as to where they are going with this.

6. jonthedit
    OP

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Yet searching "Add or remove" takes me to the app instead of the legacy uninstaller... How annoying M$ :wacko:

Exactly what I was looking for. Quick way to access it and old features. Further I can just use WINKEY+X then F right after.

loco365 likes this.