Wind energy 3x more efficient

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Interesting, but the main problem is when it's not windy. That's actually the biggest problem for countries like the Netherlands and Denmark, both have large Windmill parks around the country. Cheap electricity for the countries (and the ones around them), but one of the most expensive ones when they have to buy the power from the markets (probably fossil/nuclear anyways)..

But good that someone is making progress
smile.gif

-Qtis

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Fat D said:
I think electromobiles are a perfect application for hydrogen fuel cells. Lithium, which is used for high-density batteries, is too scarce to use it in the large batteries cars need (and it is used anyway - way to get rid of resource-dependency...), and have the problem of requiring charging, which takes time. Hydrogen fuel cells, while their efficiency is somewhat lower, can be refilled at stations like combustion engines can, but their fuel can be generated without significant depletion of resources if you have a source of energy for that, enabling extension of their range with fuel stations similar to conventional vehicles, a solution I would certainly prefer over lithium batteries, despite potentially higher cost and space requirements.

...and the dangers in transporting, storing and using it. Plus to get hydrogen, you need to split water, which is a huge waste of energy.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's as though the Dyson Air Multiplier model was applied to wind turbines!

dyson-air-multiplier.jpg

Genius, why didn't we think of it sooner?
And the best part is that you only need to modify existing wind turbines, by outfitting the rim frame.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
this is not gonna happen, because oil companies and the people behind them won't let it. it takes away the dependency for oil, which is very bad for their respective business.

i imagine small projects enough to power a community or two would be appearing, but any bigger than that and i'll expect proposals to start getting shot down at every opportunity, maybe even some people dying.

it wont happen because is not pratical either makei t cheap to work or there no point this is the same thing as the lie that is recycling

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
RupeeClock said:
It's as though the Dyson Air Multiplier model was applied to wind turbines!

dyson-air-multiplier.jpg

Genius, why didn't we think of it sooner?
And the best part is that you only need to modify existing wind turbines, by outfitting the rim frame.
prob where they ripped off got the idea from
smileipb2.png

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it seriously that simple?

Also, would putting one of those on top of a moving car help keep the battery charged longer?

(Random lulz thought: If wind turbines were on every car, and they were all those tiny smart cars, maybe we could re-paint the roads to be twice the amount of lanes, thus reducing the likelihood of traffic jams and decreasing the amount of stopping points, which would stop the turbine from functioning.)

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, and just a few days ago, I was watching CNN because of tropical storm Irene, and one of those stupid clean coal ads came on.

[youtube]0bcRgnIcntI[/youtube]

The above video is LIES!!
What's more common, coal or wind?

Why use coal when you can use Wind Turbines.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can make a 3d model. Hell I've made some impressive space ships. Doesn't mean it's real or ever will be real. Build a working model, show that the cost is feasible, and demonstrate that it works. Basically put up or shut up. I've pretty much had it fake green energy scams that loose money and don't produce energy. Evergreen solar just went bankrupt in my state costing tax payers 50 million dollars. Basically I've seen lots of promises from so called green energy with little in the way of results.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this actually works, and the government/other places in the world doesn't/don't halfass the project before quitting should they ever try it, I think we can actually have the world go greener.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valwin said:
Bladexdsl said:
they better hurry up cos we don't really have 20 years oil is running out. WHAT WE REALLY NEED IS:

fusion.gif

strange i got news that israel found a new oil deposit

I don't remember where exactly, but I recall an article saying that we have anywhere from 30 to 50 years of oil left, depending on how we use it. It won't last us forever, obviously, but there is still a good amount left.

Hopefully we can use that time to come up with alternatives that will faze out the fuel as the supplies dwindle. If we don't.... well, the outcomes won't be so pretty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1