Homebrew Question Win95 or 2000 for Switch?

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this being looked into? I have a few Games I would like to get running if possible.

Also, Can a Port of a Game be Made if there is no Source Files Available? There are 2 Games...
Pong Kombat 3 (MAC . Can be used running Basilisk II using System 7.5.3)
Blood Pong (PC. Can run on XP, but others, there will be Problems)

Both are like Pong, but using Mortal Kombat Themes. Both Pong Sides have Health Bars, Paddles can perform Moves based on the Character Design (Liu Kang can throw Fireballs, Shang TSung can throw 1-3 Fireballs, ect).

I contacted the Blood Pong Dev Team, but they cant find the Source Files. Cant find the PK3 Team anymore. But would there be a way to Decompile the Game Files and go from there?

Also, both Games would need Directional Buttons, and 2 or 3 Action Buttons along with a Start (Space or 1) Buttons.

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The easiest way to achieve windows on switch is either via DOSBox with the typical win95.img but I don't think you can write to it (???) In another hypothesis, L4T and some virtualization

Reactions: Smoker1

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Any SO or software for x86 architecture will run always very slowly. So even if you can emulate W95, rule out being able to play any game (well maybe minesweeper).

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any SO or software for x86 architecture will run always very slowly. So even if you can emulate W95, rule out being able to play any game (well maybe minesweeper).

W95 ran on some pretty ancient hardware, people have run Starcraft and the like on modern ARM. Pretty sure someone claimed to be running it on Switch here even.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.