Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi
sorry for the Bad title but i have no idea how to describe my Problem short soooo ...

I got a friends pc and he wants me to "repair" it without formarting it so i am doing my best but i have never seen anything like this.

when i do leftclick on an icon it just marks it like when i use alt gr so i can select any of.these but not open and if i do double click it just opens the properties oO and when i try to.use the keyboard it does not write anything but as example in the Browser it is like using shortcuts ...

any idea what to do ?
currently i am running a fresh installed AntiVirus Software but this will take some time ...

_--------------

not sure if it is because of this but Windows seem to think it is a tablet Version oO dunno why .. it says i am using a pen and no mouse and whatever

can't even write with the one screen keyboard

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The easiest way would be a format, say so to him.
And why wouldn't he do a format?
Copy it to other HDD or a External HDD, or u could even burn the important files to DVD or copy them to USB stick.
And w/e is happening to the PC idk how to fix but formating and reinstalling windows will help.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
"Refresh" the PC. Windows 8 has a feature that will keep all personal files on the HDD, but it'll refresh the OS so all settings/installed programs are at their default. I would still recommend backing up anything really really important, but otherwise it should be fine.

EDIT: :ninja:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The obvious question.

What does right click do?

If it works like a left click then you have used the left/right swap option, it is aimed at left handed people that do not want to conform. Not sure exactly what goes with windows 8 and there might be some touch screen option, for the most part though go to mouse options in control panel and it should be there (in English on XP it is swap primary buttons).

Alternatively you say it behaves like you have the alt button held (can't remember the last time I did anything other than alt and enter there)

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
right click behaved normaly like it should ...

well after a crash it seems to work fine again ...
windows 8 is weird XD well I will try some more and if worst come to worst I try if it does actually work to do the refresh ... I don't like this to a PC that is not mine as long as I have no idea if it really does.what it should as there seem to be many viruses on this PC

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Built-in windows tools do not work most of the time depending on what you have to recover there's a few roads you can take to recover your computer.

The first thing that come into my mind is always make a new install to a VHD. Given that you have a windows 7 ultimate/windows 8 media/usb just make a new install, recover your files then reformat. I can guide you I have a strong (love?)knowledge of windows 8

Dhampir

Junker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the keyboard may be messed up. I have you tried unplugging the keyboard and attempting a left click? It's very possible it may be a hardware malfunction somewhere.

Dhampir

Junker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell if that's sarcasm but I thought it was pretty good. :) Sorry, was just trying to be more active since I've neglected the board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone