Win8, i have a Problem plz help

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Youkai, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Youkai
    OP

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    hi
    sorry for the Bad title but i have no idea how to describe my Problem short soooo ...

I got a friends pc and he wants me to "repair" it without formarting it so i am doing my best but i have never seen anything like this.

when i do leftclick on an icon it just marks it like when i use alt gr so i can select any of.these but not open and if i do double click it just opens the properties oO and when i try to.use the keyboard it does not write anything but as example in the Browser it is like using shortcuts ...

any idea what to do ?
    currently i am running a fresh installed AntiVirus Software but this will take some time ...

_--------------

not sure if it is because of this but Windows seem to think it is a tablet Version oO dunno why .. it says i am using a pen and no mouse and whatever

can't even write with the one screen keyboard

2. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    The easiest way would be a format, say so to him.
    And why wouldn't he do a format?
    Copy it to other HDD or a External HDD, or u could even burn the important files to DVD or copy them to USB stick.
    And w/e is happening to the PC idk how to fix but formating and reinstalling windows will help.

3. Inuuto

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
  4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    "Refresh" the PC. Windows 8 has a feature that will keep all personal files on the HDD, but it'll refresh the OS so all settings/installed programs are at their default. I would still recommend backing up anything really really important, but otherwise it should be fine.

EDIT: :ninja:

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    The obvious question.

What does right click do?

If it works like a left click then you have used the left/right swap option, it is aimed at left handed people that do not want to conform. Not sure exactly what goes with windows 8 and there might be some touch screen option, for the most part though go to mouse options in control panel and it should be there (in English on XP it is swap primary buttons).

Alternatively you say it behaves like you have the alt button held (can't remember the last time I did anything other than alt and enter there)

6. Youkai
    OP

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    right click behaved normaly like it should ...

well after a crash it seems to work fine again ...
    windows 8 is weird XD well I will try some more and if worst come to worst I try if it does actually work to do the refresh ... I don't like this to a PC that is not mine as long as I have no idea if it really does.what it should as there seem to be many viruses on this PC

7. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    Built-in windows tools do not work most of the time depending on what you have to recover there's a few roads you can take to recover your computer.

The first thing that come into my mind is always make a new install to a VHD. Given that you have a windows 7 ultimate/windows 8 media/usb just make a new install, recover your files then reformat. I can guide you I have a strong (love?)knowledge of windows 8

8. Dhampir

Dhampir Junker

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2013
    United States
    Sounds like the keyboard may be messed up. I have you tried unplugging the keyboard and attempting a left click? It's very possible it may be a hardware malfunction somewhere.

9. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Protip man, stop bumping 2 week old topics. ;)

Essometer likes this.
  10. Dhampir

Dhampir Junker

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2013
    United States
    I can't tell if that's sarcasm but I thought it was pretty good. :) Sorry, was just trying to be more active since I've neglected the board.