Hacking Will upgrading hdd change minimum installable firmware

Y2bear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All

Just have few questions which I couldn’t find an answer for, before that to give you some background.

My PS3 is slim CECH 2104B
Current software is 4.60
minimum installable firmware is 3.2
HDD size 250 GB

So, from above it seems that my PS3 is hackable with the new cfw 4.82. However, I thought about upgrading the hdd to 500 GB before I do that, so my questions are:
  1. To update/install new hdd I will require 4.60 update file. Will that change my minimum installable firmware to 4.60 instead of 3.2 which may lead to losing the ability to hack the device?

2. Can I find or is possible to find old update files such as 4.60 ?

3. On Average how many games you can install in a 250 GB hdd?

4. What is the best way to upgrade my hdd without losing the opportunity of installing cfw?
Thank you

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just have few questions which I couldn’t find an answer for, before that to give you some background.

My PS3 is slim CECH 2104B
Current software is 4.60
minimum installable firmware is 3.2
HDD size 250 GB

So, from above it seems that my PS3 is hackable with the new cfw 4.82. However, I thought about upgrading the hdd to 500 GB before I do that, so my questions are:
  1. To update/install new hdd I will require 4.60 update file. Will that change my minimum installable firmware to 4.60 instead of 3.2 which may lead to losing the ability to hack the device?

2. Can I find or is possible to find old update files such as 4.60 ?

3. On Average how many games you can install in a 250 GB hdd?

4. What is the best way to upgrade my hdd without losing the opportunity of installing cfw?
Thank you
the ps3s blu rays are around 25gb so lots of games and i think you could make a .img file of your ps3 hdd and write it to the new one

Y2bear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the ps3s blu rays are around 25gb so lots of games and i think you could make a .img file of your ps3 hdd and write it to the new one
Hi Thanks

What I know is that you cant clone ps3 hdd, additionally 25G per game means 9 games only !!
Can you use external hdd to install more ?

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Nope, it wont change. I think you should change the hdd, update 4.81 ofw with usb stick then use ps3xploit to hack your ps3 but dont trust me :P , I forgot many infos over mounths. Need clarification from other people!

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To update/install new hdd I will require 4.60 update file. Will that change my minimum installable firmware to 4.60 instead of 3.2 which may lead to losing the ability to hack the device?
No, minimum version is a property of the motherboard

Can I find or is possible to find old update files such as 4.60 ?
http://darthsternie.bplaced.com/psp.html (click ps3 on top)

What is the best way to upgrade my hdd without losing the opportunity of installing cfw?
Replace disk, reinstall 4.82 on it (you will be forced to, as on all NOR consoles the operating system installs to HDD), ps3xploit, install cfw

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it wont change. I think you should change the hdd, update 4.81 ofw with usb stick then use ps3xploit to hack your ps3 but dont trust me :P , I forgot many infos over mounths. Need clarification from other people!
I updated my Phat, to 4.82, put Ferrox 4.82, then installed new hard drive (then filled it up already:/).

I will need a bigger one also, two if it can't be cloned with freeware.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."