OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try to get SNEmulDS, but not for just one or two games.... Do these games work on it? (Not getting SNEmulDS if they don't)

Seiken Densetsu 3 (with fan-translation)
Brutal Mario (SMW Hack)
BS Zelda (The compatibility list just says BS Zelda without specifying if it's the original BS Zelda or Kamigami no Triforce, so I have no freaking clue. I'm hankering for some Kamigami no Triforce though.)

I ask because I've never actually seen anyone say anything about hacks/translations and SNEmulDS in the same post. XD
And because hacks and translations aren't mentioned in any compatibility lists or anything I've seen.

Also, if BS Zelda does work, then I'll probably need help with it since it's an asshole to set up even for the PC emulators (or it was for me).

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
There are only two SNES emulators worth mentioning on the DS:
SNEmulDS and SnezziDS. And SNEmulDS is much better.
Still, give Snezzi a try. You never know.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
There are only two SNES emulators worth mentioning on the DS:
SNEmulDS and SnezziDS. And SNEmulDS is much better.
Still, give Snezzi a try. You never know.
SnezziDS's compatibility list doesn't even have any of the games I listed on it. No BS Zelda, no SMW hacks... Not even freakin Seiken Densetsu 3.

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem getting Secret Of Mana to work properly. Neither of the emulators get this game running perfectly.

I am just waiting for Supercard DSTwo to be released, I have it on pre-order since january. As they have an onboard SNES Emulator and the card having a processor to handle it, it should make all games work perfectly, which I cannot wait for!

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Porting anything is hard. Remember that just because an emulator has high compatibility on one platform, it doesn't mean that it would on another.
I mean, the DS is so much weaker than modern PCs that I have no doubt that a straight port of ZSNES (without optimizations, which may or may not be impossible) would have horribly low compatibility.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The backgrounds in boss battles go a little wonky (can be fixed by toggling layer settings) and your characters will appear on top on things they are behind (ie on a tree rather than behind it). Other than those, it plays great.

2lazy2name

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I'm going to try to get SNEmulDS, but not for just one or two games.... Do these games work on it? (Not getting SNEmulDS if they don't)

Seiken Densetsu 3 (with fan-translation)
Brutal Mario (SMW Hack)
BS Zelda (The compatibility list just says BS Zelda without specifying if it's the original BS Zelda or Kamigami no Triforce, so I have no freaking clue. I'm hankering for some Kamigami no Triforce though.)

I ask because I've never actually seen anyone say anything about hacks/translations and SNEmulDS in the same post. XD
And because hacks and translations aren't mentioned in any compatibility lists or anything I've seen.

Also, if BS Zelda does work, then I'll probably need help with it since it's an asshole to set up even for the PC emulators (or it was for me).
I don't think BMW will work on SNEmulDS because I tried it my self and still it doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-