Will there be Xbox S. Y?

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

at this point will there even be a Xbox S. Y (Series X successor)? What are your predictions, will they move over to cloud service only?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt any console will move to cloud only, considering a lot of people have unstable internet, and after what I've heard about cloud streaming, like disconnects, losing all progress you had made if you didn't save right before it happened, it seems like it would have a lot of problems. that doesn't include people with data caps like myself.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I doubt any console will move to cloud only, considering a lot of people have unstable internet, and after what I've heard about cloud streaming, like disconnects, losing all progress you had made if you didn't save right before it happened, it seems like it would have a lot of problems. that doesn't include people with data caps like myself.
I see your point. With the shortages we might see a prolonged generation and by that point they will do the offline gamers have the 360 for real this time?

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
There might be revision of newer model but would be some time before they move to next gen, just like how it is for your PS6 topic.
Okay so you think both brands will stick with dedicated hardware. I don't know it depends on many factors. The naming convention of the xbox nowdays is a bit weird. Series this and that, it seems like they have a long term plan that is a departure from before. Maybe they will center the brand on a service.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see your point. With the shortages we might see a prolonged generation and by that point they will do the offline games have the 360 for real this time?
that's what I think as well. I think the shortages will prolong the generation. as for 360 games, if you mean on the system, the only thing I hate about it is that it has to sign into cloud for saving purposes, every time you come back from sleep mode. it interrupts the game when it does that.

Reactions: Creamu

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so you think both brands will stick with dedicated hardware. I don't know it depends on many factors. The naming convention of the xbox nowdays is a bit weird. Series this and that, it seems like they have a long term plan that is a departure from before. Maybe they will center the brand on a service.

They might release newer revision like slim, pro model, beside that probably got to wait until next gen which would be long time away.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
that's what I think as well. I think the shortages will prolong the generation. as for 360 games, if you mean on the system, the only thing I hate about it is that it has to sign into cloud for saving purposes, every time you come back from sleep mode. it interrupts the game when it does that.
With the 360 for offline gamers I mean that approach microsoft had for the always online xbox one, telling offline users to buy a 360 instead. They might do that again but stick to their guns.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they got a lot of flak over that, so I doubt they'll make the same mistake. it will hurt sales far more than piracy ever could, plus it's likely pirates would hack the system, dev mode or not, if they had something like that. it would be game over for microsoft.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
they got a lot of flak over that, so I doubt they'll make the same mistake. it will hurt sales far more than piracy ever could, plus it's likely pirates would hack the system, dev mode or not, if they had something like that. it would be game over for microsoft.
I see your point and you might very well be right. I believe selling a cloud services maybe with a little box that has all sorts of surveilance gadgets attached is very attractive for them, making you part of the product (information gathering). It might be over, and they are too afraid to pull that one, but I suspect they are really itching to try it.

Last edited by Creamu,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what happened with the vita. there's so much drm in the thing that it's almost unplayable in its stock state. it's actually enjoyable rather than frustrating with hacks.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Beleive it or not though it is still kind of like that if you have more than one xbox. My kids and I each have an xbox. Both boxes have the same accounts but in order for my kids to play the games I bought on their console it has to be set as my accounts home console so they don't have to sign in to my account. Thus my xbox has to be online and signed in, in order for me to play any digital games that I own under my own account since it is now not my home xbox. If they were to sign me in to play the games I own I would be kicked off my console so they could play. It's stupid how they do it and don't seem to understand that some people have families and want to play games together.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Beleive it or not though it is still kind of like that if you have more than one xbox. My kids and I each have an xbox. Both boxes have the same accounts but in order for my kids to play the games I bought on their console it has to be set as my accounts home console so they don't have to sign in to my account. Thus my xbox has to be online and signed in, in order for me to play any digital games that I own under my own account since it is now not my home xbox. If they were to sign me in to play the games I own I would be kicked off my console so they could play. It's stupid how they do it and don't seem to understand that some people have families and want to play games together.
So xbox not a familiy friendly console. Good to know. Are there at least good couch coop games on there?

IssMare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I still have discs so I didn't like the all digital Series S, and I thought the Series X was too much for me(also considerably pricier/rather get a pc). I would like a Series S-D (disc drive), so my hope is yes, just not any time soon.
They will push for the streaming side of things with a dongle before, I think (Series P?).

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I still have discs so I didn't like the all digital Series S, and I thought the Series X was too much for me(also considerably pricier/rather get a pc). I would like a Series S-D (disc drive), so my hope is yes, just not any time soon.
They will push for the streaming side of things with a dongle before, I think (Series P?).
Series P... interesting. Dongle directly into the TV?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1