Gaming Will there be any differences between PAL and NTSC?

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, the 480p option is there but it's terrible looking comparing to the NTSC version, it look the same as 480i. It's a probleme specific to TP PAL (and another early game if i remember correctly, maybe sonic and the secret rings).
Many people (myself included ) were pissed back in december 2006 when we had to run everywhere to find a component cable and PAL TP couldn't output true 480p.

I remember it made the front page of several sites back then with a lot of 480i/480p PAL/NTSC screen that showed the problem very well.

To resume, if i remember correctly, the TP situation is 480p NTSC >>>>>>480i NTSC = 480i PAL = 480p PAL (the tv does receive a progressive signal, but i believe it is simply the interlaced one with a crappy filter applied to it since it look the same as 480i).

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on whether the game has the proper region coding still in them. Most of the time, the game companies literally just leave everything there as there isn't any reason to remove them aside from maybe space issues or unless they rewrote the entire code from scratch for euro regions (something that only happens rarely, most of the time games these days are built from the ground up with PAL support in mind)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr