Gaming Will the Switch be able to handle Sonic Forces without downgrading?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,956
  • Replies 26

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the source ? Confirmed by whom ? A 100 percent proof ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/confirm...tock-nvidia-tegra-x1-no-modifications.464725/ and even if it is not a 100% proof source, just look at how dqh runs and look. Yeah, it seems like the game was rushed, but wasnt the switch powerful enough to run it without problems? No wonder why they decided to downgrade some in game objects geometry, removed some in game affects and replaced or removed some textures.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/confirm...tock-nvidia-tegra-x1-no-modifications.464725/ and even if it is not a 100% proof source, just look at how dqh runs and look. Yeah, it seems like the game was rushed, but wasnt the switch powerful enough to run it without problems? No wonder why they decided to downgrade some in game objecrs geometry, removed some in game affects and replaced or removed some textures.

Oh yes, I read it before. Thanks but it is still not a 100% proof anyway as you said even if in it. Anyway, I will wait until after E3 and see what 3rd party can do with it for a 100% proof. Thanks again. :)

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't the Switch designed to be easy to port system. Not powerful enough like the x1 or ps4, but if the devs feel like porting it, then they can but in lower resolution or texture maybe? Depends on the game.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, I read it before. Thanks but it is still not a 100% proof anyway as you said even if in it. Anyway, I will wait until after E3 and see what 3rd party can do with it for a 100% proof. Thanks again. :)

Do you not read spec clarifications? Even the official nintendo ones? Even the specs listed by official ninendo sources are weaker than its competition. Google them yourselves and find whatever unlikely source you deem as reputable as any link I can provide will just be "not 100%".

That thread happens to disparage the claims that nintendo made about the power of their system, saying it's not SLIGHTLY weaker than the Xbox 1 S, but significantly so. But even if they were wrong (which you would likely love to believe), Switch being inferior in specs to the PS4/Xone (regardless of how big of a scale the difference is) is almost common knowledge even amongst nintendo fans.

That being said, if Sonic Force is optimized for the other platforms, it is almost a guarantee that the switch version will be downgraded.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Realistically, the Switch will run multiplat games lower at a graphical and performance level. It's common sense when you compare the hardware.
The WiiU's best graphical game in my opinion was and will always be, Project Zero 5: Maiden of Black Water, the visuals of this very game were identical to graphics you'd get on PS3/360 games that made use of its hardware properly. Is it a bad thing it looks like a 7th gen game? Imo, no, not at all.

As long as it looks good enough I'll be happy with it, but first and foremost, the gameplay matters more.

Looks like a 360 game ported to Switch.
Probably will and that's OK.

Think it was back in 2015 or 2016 when I played Max Payne 3 on my 360 and it looked amazing, although, I didn't like the story very much or the main character (Max was always complaining about his life).

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU's best graphical game in my opinion was and will always be, Project Zero 5: Maiden of Black Water, the visuals of this very game were identical to graphics you'd get on PS3/360 games that made use of its hardware properly. Is it a bad thing it looks like a 7th gen game? Imo, no, not at all.

As long as it looks good enough I'll be happy with it, but first and foremost, the gameplay matters more.

Probably will and that's OK.

Think it was back in 2015 or 2016 when I played Max Payne 3 on my 360 and it looked amazing, although, I didn't like the story very much or the main character (Max was always complaining about his life).
I'm just implying that it'll run and look good.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far