Hacking Will the PS4 ever be jailbreakable

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, like I said before, the PS4 is hacked (1.76 can run Linux) and up to 4.05 has been exploited (no exploit released yet)
However, the only thing you're able to do with it is run Linux.
There's no way to load pirated games on it.

Some argue that this may take years.
Most hackers aren't fond of piracy and will usually keep their exploits private to prevent piracy and cheating.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, like I said before, the PS4 is hacked (1.76 can run Linux) and up to 4.05 has been exploited (no exploit released yet)

Most hackers aren't fond of piracy and will usually keep their exploits private to prevent piracy and cheating.

No there is a private backup loader for 3.50. It could various amounts of games, but most it cannot. It is kinda like Loadiine but x10 worse. No online play, updates/dlc don't work, and installing game to hdd doesn't work. It can still load simple games like Minecraft. Someone apparently made a proper .elf loader to load backups although is varies with success and no public releases. These are trusted people claiming these things fortunately.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No there is a private backup loader for 3.50. It could various amounts of games, but most it cannot. It is kinda like Loadiine but x10 worse. No online play, updates/dlc don't work, and installing game to hdd doesn't work. It can still load simple games like Minecraft. Someone apparently made a proper .elf loader to load backups although is varies with success and no public releases. These are trusted people claiming these things fortunately.

Publicly known, there's no backup loader.
And it's best to keep it that way before noobs will start whining if they can have access about it.
Not to mention they will pester devs with it.

Sometimes it's better to keep things silent you know.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Publicly known, there's no backup loader.
And it's best to keep it that way before noobs will start whining if they can have access about it.
Not to mention they will pester devs with it.

Sometimes it's better to keep things silent you know.

I didn't say which devs to pester/ask. :D
If it was better to be kept silent then the devs shouldn't of said anything. Anything you say after this point will be for the sake of arguing.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't say which devs to pester/ask. :D
If it was better to be kept silent then the devs shouldn't of said anything. Anything you say after this point will be for the sake of arguing.

Might be for the sake of arguing but you clearly aren't familiar with GBAtemp then.
If something is private/not meant to share, it's best to keep it private and not share it.

As you claimed yourself, you're from the PS scene, you know how much of a fucking drama it is.
Be smart and don't slip out any word on the status of piracy on the console, or you'll end up getting shunned by the scene and pestered by pirates.

beeswax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, you need to vet some of the thoughts that pop into your head before you just type them into the New Thread page and hit post. Please.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that sucks you think hackes would be fond of piracy

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
that sucks you think hackes would be fond of piracy

Most of them aren't.
Piracy is wrong and not legal.

Games are developed by people and thousands of hours of hard work go into making a game.
Those people also need to be paid.
No matter how shitty or horrible or pricey the game might be, nothing justifies piracy.

The same goes for software/pictures/music/any form of copyrighted material.

Reactions: Selver

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, you need to vet some of the thoughts that pop into your head before you just type them into the New Thread page and hit post. Please.
Most of them aren't.
Piracy is wrong and not legal.

Games are developed by people and thousands of hours of hard work go into making a game.
Those people also need to be paid.
No matter how shitty or horrible or pricey the game might be, nothing justifies piracy.

The same goes for software/pictures/music/any form of copyrighted material.
i agree....

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong.
As on that point, there already was a sale.
The game in question has been sold which means the devs and distributors already got their cut, besides that game won't switch hands more then a few times.
With piracy it's quite different.
There's one game which a copy has been made of, ~100k people download said copy.

The clear difference is the vast number.

Gamesharing isn't a problem as there's always a person purchasing the games and second hand games aren't a problem either.

aw yeah, I forgot the first sale made with the original buyer. I just remembered the Microsoft's initial stance against used copies and game sharing for XB1 and thought they really want people to buy copy for themselves, not buying 2nd hand copies or borrowing games from their friends/relatives.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't trust rumors or things you heard.
Without any sort of proof, you can't just start saying things.

Also, don't want to be a dick but...
The amount of people pirating on 360 and PS3 is slim.
MS banned maybe 1.5 million 360's out of the 80+ million that have been sold.
say MS banned 2 million consoles by now and sold 100 million 360s (just to make numbers easier).
it's safe to assume that those 2 million consoles where banned for piracy.
That means that 2% of the people pirate, however, people with banned boxes will usually purchase another box and hack it, that might also end up banned.
Say half orso of those consoles have been repurchased.
It's a tiny percentage, just over a million users that pirate games then.

So the argument of "many people won't buy games" is pretty much moot.
Especially now as everything shifts to online.

2, both consoles are equally safe, it's the servers of MS and Sony which are unsafe.

3, On PSN/XBL? no, on Ninty Network, yes, cause Nintendo does shit against cheaters.

4. Actually not really.
If you take a group of 10k people with PS3's, you'll see that only a small percentage of them pirate games and an even smaller percentage will cheat, refer to the upper statement for more info.
Important to note some will lie about cheating and piracy because there afraid of what might happen

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is true for cfw, its not necessarily for piracy but to extend possibilities, like the ps3, I prefer a console that can run my favourites ps1, ps2 and ps3 games from external hdd instead of being limited to ps3 games, I already bought ps1 and ps2, why should I pay again to have theses games on ps3 ? every console should be backward compatible or propose a digital version of old games for 9.99 as example to run on newest console. PS4 charge monthly for psNow, its a real shame and they doesn't offer all available games too. Plus, if we want another region game, we have to create another account, etc. It could be a lot easier for customers to just have one account and give the possibility to buy every region games. By making things too complicated they just encourage people creating cfw. thats my opinion :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D