Hacking Will streaming Iso's Over Network ever be possible?

earthworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Topic says it all....just wondering what the general consensus is out there on this possibility? Would the read speed be fast enough, etc?

earthworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, thanks for the advice but some of us actually bought and own a wack of games.....especially my two dozen + gamecube games I've bought over the years! One of the main reasons for doing such a thing is convenience....the same reason I copied the 150 + DVD's I've bought (in stores) and ripped them onto my external hard drive and stream through my ps3 via tversity
smileipb2.png

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
you complete pirate, i know piracy is getting worse, but with topics like this fuck me... beyond a joke.
This kind of stuff is what these forums are for. If you don't like it then leave. This isn't about discussing the motives for using loaders and such. Not everyone who uses them is a pirate. Quit complaining.

earthworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah....i did hear about the flatmii....that's what got me thinking about the topic....but obviously that's a hardware mod....just wondering in regards to a soft mod
laugh.gif

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here's an idea just use the search function and youd know that a bunch of topics like this already exist....
use the search function....
just because peoples status says NEWBIE does not mean you have to act like one...

-kitt050383

MODZ please lock this topic or delete it...
thanks!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
earthworm said:
The Topic says it all....just wondering what the general consensus is out there on this possibility? Would the read speed be fast enough, etc?

2 easy questions:
1. What's the wifi speed on the Wii in KB/s?
2. What's the reading speed for discs in MB/s?

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's a connection right from your computer to your wii, it would load at an okay speed. Check out Flatmii.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a sad shape this forum is in... just because lots of people post noob topic questions about loaders and such doesn't mean NOTHING should be posted. This is still a place for discussions... I just used the search function and did NOT find any topics directly pertaining to this anyway...

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
im sure it won't be soon, they just managed to make the wii don't notice the difference between a backup and a retail disc with the CIOS, they haven't managed or gotten near the point where you could play without using a dvd... actually flatmii is a dvd-drive emulator basically so it still is the same... to play games from a place they are not meant to be played from is really hard to ever happen... you can play psp games from the memory card because playing from isos was a feature from the first firmwares... nds plays flashcart because it's actually a cart... you can't play gba games from a slot-1 because you are not using slot-2 (gba one)... so just putting examples from other consoles...

Teh Great Michea

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
you complete pirate, i know piracy is getting worse, but with topics like this fuck me... beyond a joke.
UranusKiller said:
These forums are kinda oriented towards piracy if you havnt noticed. 99.9 percent of people use backup loaders to pirate. Not for their legit backups.

For example the wii is soon going to be like the psp. Nobody wants to develop for the psp becuase almost eveyone and their friend has m33.
Same for the wii soon everyone will have Wiigators loader and wont buy any games. Back when modchips were the only way people were scared to crack open their consoles. Now you dont have to.

But back on topic use Flatmii, i myself am using the Wiikey2. I wouldnt advise going with loaders. Purchase your games, or at least BUY a chip.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Teh Great Micheal said:
UranusKiller said:

These forums are kinda oriented towards piracy if you havnt noticed. 99.9 percent of people use backup loaders to pirate. Not for their legit backups.

For example the wii is soon going to be like the psp. Nobody wants to develop for the psp becuase almost eveyone and their friend has m33.
Same for the wii soon everyone will have Wiigators loader and wont buy any games. Back when modchips were the only way people were scared to crack open their consoles. Now you dont have to.
So True Man...

Edit: Man, my new avatar is way better than my old one
laugh.gif

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
He already said he owns his games, it's just the convenience of loading them over the LAN he wants.

OR HERES AN IDEA, LETS NOT BOTHER READING ANYTHING AND JUST START TALKING CRAP.

Welcome to GBATemp, where people who've been on the site for 3 months call others newbs even though they don't bother reading anything.

Muppets.

In response to the question, I don't reckon it will ever be possible. It would mean taking control of the networking stack and keeping control of it while the game runs. I'm pretty sure the Wii wouldn't let you do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...