Will I lose my .sav file?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ImNotSkilled, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ImNotSkilled
    OP

ImNotSkilled The Pokéman

Jun 16, 2012
    United States
    Behind you
    So I got a Pokemon Black 2 rom that was pre english patched and I finished it. But it is not completely English, I then come upon this other Pokemon White 2/Black 2 rom that is fully English. I was the complete English rom on my Acekard 2i. So, I'm trying to ask that if I swap the rom but keep the .sav file, will it still work?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. XAlexBlitz209X

XAlexBlitz209X GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    United States
    Hmm to my knowledge there isn't a full English translation ROM yet . But yes you can swap the ROMS , but they have to have the same file name .
    >Pokemon Black 2 > Pokemon Black 2.sav

3. ImNotSkilled
    OP

ImNotSkilled The Pokéman

Jun 16, 2012
    United States
    Behind you
    Nice name btw XD We're Alex twinsies.

Okay, well, I have the Full english black 2 rom. And a full white 2 black rom. So, I download the Black 2 file, delete the old (ROM) keep the .sav file and extract the black 2 english rom to sd card? I heard of an akaio updat today soo...

4. avenir

avenir GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2010
    United States
    right. it will work as long as .nds's filename is the same (as .sav, except extension).

5. assassin98

assassin98 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2011
    Pakistan
    u wont..as long as the name is same..i finished pokemon black hlaf japenese and when i got the english one i used the same .sav file