will cemu support nintendont etc at some point?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Emulation & CEMU' started by RanCorX2, Jun 4, 2017.

1. RanCorX2
    OP

RanCorX2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2004
    or is the emulator going to be strictly for wii u games?

2. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    My question is - why should it?

KiiWii likes this.
  3. RanCorX2
    OP

RanCorX2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2004
    why should it what? be strictly for wii u games or support stuff the wii u supports i.e. wii and gamecube games? although gc games through homebrew.

4. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Why should it support Wii and GC games, when Dolphin already does and it's unlikely Cemu will manage to top them on that front. There is nothing to gain, only to lose by the devs focusing on older consoles instead of core Wii U stuff.

5. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    If you want to run homebrew then get a Wii U.
    Problem solved.

6. RanCorX2
    OP

RanCorX2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2004
    already have a wii u, well a replacement (recently).

i still like to play a few games on the pc and dolphin, though it's been around for ages, still can't emulate the rogue squadron games properly because of the f5 hacks.
    rs2 works very well, but rebel strike is still unplayable on less than 4ghz, been like that for ages.

seeing as wii u does gamecube games without emulation but via nintendont as it's just an upgraded wii, shouldn't a wii u emulator be able to emulate gamecube games via homebrew later down the line? (in theory?) and thus be better than dolphin?

....but they'd have to emulate the vWii and i doubt they'd bother right?

Last edited by RanCorX2, Jul 11, 2017
  7. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    According to this line of reasoning, launching Nintendon't on Dolphin would produce same results, wouldn't it?

Sadly, what you are saying makes no sense. CEMU would need to emulate vWii and do it better than Dolphin does. And even then it would MORE THAN LIKELY be susceptible to this same issue in this specific game.

8. Xalphenos

Xalphenos GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2017
    United States
    You missed the boat here. The wii u contains wii hardware in it to do those things. The wii u hardware is not just an upgraded wii. Therefore accurately emulating the wii u hardware would not include emulating the wii hardware as well. It is not analogous to the wii being an upgraded gamecube which allowed for it's inclusion in the dolphin emulator. What you want for cemu would have to basically be two separate emulators combined into one.

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Why the hell would you want to run a compatibility layer inside an emulator? Just use Dolphin FFS.

10. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, this is like asking for PCSX2 to include code to run PS1 games, which would be kind of pointless since the PS2's backwards compatibility support was essentially having a PS1 in the PS2 motherboard's design, (or so I heard) not to mention there are already emulators that run PS1 games just fine, which begs the question: why put the effort towards emulating something that already runs fine on its target hardware? Hence why no one bothers writing code that accurately emulates whatever trick they use to emulate older stuff on newer consoles.