Gaming will cd-labels damage my drive???

loopguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i wanna put printable lables on my backups.
can it damage my drive, will they eject properly?
anyone tried yet?

thx

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BUY pre labeled media that's done professionally. And don't be cheap. I've had low price range labelled dvds die on me.

Don't assume anything you made yourself is a good idea. Unless the data isn't important to you.

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best way to probably label a DVD is with lightscribe, if you ever seen one it looks really clean and professional like a real copy of the game. But you will need special lightscribe discs and a lightscribe capable dvd drive.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a lightscribe burner myself, looks pretty nice, but you get sick of the brownish-black colours after awhile.

tomkat

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I use Lightscribe too.

You can actually get Lightscribe discs in different colours if you would like a bit of a change. They can be hard to track down though. I've had blue and yellow discs as well as the standard gold/brown ones.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
forget about the printables that you have to stick on your media.
Either go for Lightscribe(or any equivalent) or use printable medias.
Putting stickers on your media will bend 'emand this increases the chances to misreads and/or destruction of the media and thus the drive.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had issues with stickers on the DVDs that make the DVDs too thick for the drive to be comfortable. It's just not a good idea. If you want decorated disks get lightscribe like others have suggested.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
-x1_0_nt- said:
You can easily get a marker and write the name of the game on the disc.

i don't see why want labels on the disc...

Because it looks better? Because you can put an image of the game (logo, picture of the main character, ...) on it?

But from your post i assume you're one of those "who needs something that looks good" ...

loopguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, i'm not gonna burn all my backups (about 50) again just to have lightscribe lables
tongue.gif

thought stickers could work fine.... i used stickers on pc-drive and they didn't melt or anything, the only thing i worry about is the thickness, cause the wii has only a thin slot! don't want to test it; i think it's too risky damaging my wii just to have fancy lables. f**k that
wink2.gif

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all my wii backups (about 20) have lables and i have only two that go in the drive a slow because of the lable ,one i creased the label when putting it on the other is a photo glossy lable i was testing

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i used to use labels but after time they start to peel off the disc and muck it up.

Buy a printer, like Epson R360. Prints direct to disc and looks fantastic. Less than 100 quid as well!

KJE207

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using labels for the last year and a half for both my Wii and GCN titles. I specifically use 'Fellowes Neato' labels and haven't experienced any issues in regards to hardware performance. That being said, the discs are more slower to eject but I have yet to have any sticker peel off or be damaged as a result. I'm happy with my results and haven't thought twice about it...until I saw this thread
biggrin.gif

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DRAW YOUR OWN SHARPIES RULE! Or be like me and force someone to draw for you.

I play for 5 minutes then DEMAND the person nearest me (friends, girlfriend, mom) draw a picture of what I just played on the disc. If nobody watched, I explain the game to them, then have the person draw what I just explained.

Among my vast collection of drawings are a drunk sonic, incorrect equations (geometry wars), and a dog barfing a flower (okami).

opiumx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a neigbor whos daughter ruined their dvd player, because she put stickers on her dvds. Its a balance thing. It can happen with stick on labels if they are not centered as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi