Hacking Will a factory reset clear a9lh and restore dsiware/ ds functionality?

Chaos8425

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you read this, yes, I am aware of the troubleshooting section in Plailect's guide
A9lh makes me too nervous (bad stomach kind) and I tried installing the twl and agb patch according to plailect's guide but that hasn't worked (I'm on luma too).
Will I get a fresh nand and the ability to play ds and dsiware if i system format or factory reset?
I'd be okay if i was on 11.2 without luma or arm9 or the ability for free games (cause I already have sky3ds+).

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, factory reset doesn't remove a9lh nor restore system files, you must download a clean TWL and AGB cias and install them, then just boot Luma and it will do all the work for you.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe doing a system format will fix the DSiware issue.
If you format the system using the System Settings, doing so whilst booted in Luma3DS will preserve the a9lh hack, and this doesn't do anything to the TWLNand portion of the 3DS I believe.
System Format I think only touches on the CTRNand portion of the 3DS.
CTR is all 3DS stuff, TWL is all DS and DSi stuff.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Before you read this, yes, I am aware of the troubleshooting section in Plailect's guide
A9lh makes me too nervous (bad stomach kind) and I tried installing the twl and agb patch according to plailect's guide but that hasn't worked (I'm on luma too).
Will I get a fresh nand and the ability to play ds and dsiware if i system format or factory reset?
I'd be okay if i was on 11.2 without luma or arm9 or the ability for free games (cause I already have sky3ds+).
Nope:
1: You can't remove a9lh that way.
2: If you remove a9lh the proper way (with SafeA9lhInstaller) you won't be able to play ds/gba games because the patch probably makes twl/agb firm signatures invalid, so they can only run with CFW. You'll need to install unmodified/legit twl/agb firm cias.

Last edited by PabloMK7,

Chaos8425

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, factory reset doesn't remove a9lh nor restore system files, you must download a clean TWL and AGB cias and install them, then just boot Luma and it will do all the work for you.
Ok, should I install them through fbi, and does luma automatically boot when I press the power button, or do I have to boot while holding select?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, should I install them through fbi, and does luma automatically boot when I press the power button, or do I have to boot while holding select?
and also, should I check the option that says "patch svc/service/archive/ARM9 access?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma always boots just from pressing the power button. Holding down select just shows the settings menu first.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luma automatically boots when you turn it on, because that's the arm9loaderhax.bin executable being launched by the a9lh hack installed to the 3DS.
Holding select just lets you access the config menu before it boots into the 3DS firmware normally.

Chaos8425

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. go to that ISO site and download the clean TWLN.bin from there
2. follow the instructions on the same place where you got the clean TWLN.bin
Ds games themselves work now, but ds download play, ds internet, and dsiware still don't work. I guess I could live with this, but any responses to the remaining problems would be helpful

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
i have the same problem , dstwo dont work on N3DSXL hacked yesterday , but it works on N3ds hacked a year ago....white screen. I followed Pilatec guide , and reinstall all clean DS titles...but the same result....

could someone help us?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉