Wilbrand / Email LetterBomb Ideas

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CJB100, Jun 26, 2016.

1. CJB100
    OP

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    So two questions:

Has anyone ever actually tried Wilbrand hack on vWii? Letterbomb doesn't work as is, so I'd doubt Wilbrand does, but still.

And, has anyone ever attempted to email a console a letterbomb letter from a computer? I know you can email any Wii from an ordinary email address, but would it be possible to put the info for a letterbomb into an email message to a Wii? I doubt this would work on vWii even if it is possible, but still may be worthwhile venture as it could lead to a new way of using letterbomb to hack a regular Wii without needing a game or even needing an SD card -- just internet access.

2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    As far as I'm aware, Wilbrand uses a very similar exploit to that of Letterbomb, but was released much later.
    If only you posted a couple hours earlier, I would've had access to my console to try it out.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Wilbrand is a computer program to do the same thing hackmii website does (generate a message from yesterday for a given MAC address).

Nintendo closed the email service, you can't send email to the WiiID anymore.
    I don't think it would have worked if stored directly on the console. I think the fact the message was stored on the SD card was the trigger of the exploit. But I might be wrong, I didn't read about it for a long time.

4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Didn't Nintendo shut down all Wii servers? Like you can't do any online stuff with your Wii? That is a good thought (Surprised somebody else didn't think of this).

5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You can always try yourself. You can still run the hacks on the old wii even after adding hbc

CJB100 likes this.
  6. zeron88

zeron88 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Wilbrand doesn't work. The message just does not appear. Just tried it.

CreeperMario and CJB100 like this.