TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
TinyBilbo said:
Nice work spyrosam..
Is this needed though? - I thought the new Craptriiforce mod 2.2 was supposed to be futureproof?
It is actually, but... how about if Triiforce loader comes with a new beta
blink.gif
?...

Craptriiforce loader was currently made under triiforce beta 7. If a new "beta" is released you would have to make all your ISO's again
wacko.gif
!!!

Fair enough! Double-Forwarder it is then....

QUOTE(wichoxp @ Nov 20 2009, 01:54 AM)
I was wondering if it is possible to make forwarders that search for a unique forwarder in a specific folder. Actually, you need a Triiforce forwarder for each game... that means if you have 50 games you will need 50 forwarders
blink.gif
! ...

Game Forwarder01 > XXXX (folder01) > forwarderVC01 (CrapTriiforce) > Game01
Game Forwarder02 > XXXX (folder02) > forwarderVC02 (CrapTriiforce) > Game02
Game Forwarder03 > XXXX (folder03) > forwarderVC03 (CrapTriiforce) > Game03
.......... etc.

It could be changed to:

Game Forwarder01 > Unique folder > Craptriiforce loader > Game01
Game Forwarder02 > Unique folder > Craptriiforce loader > Game02
Game Forwarder03 > Unique folder > Craptriiforce loader > Game03
.......... etc.

I mean that Craptriiforce loader could be able to read the gameID (XXXX) from the Game ForwarderXX to launch a specific game. In that way, you will need just one CrapTriiforce loader for all the games.

Nice Idea. It could also grab the gameID from its parent folder (whichever is easier).
Then all we would need to do whenever there is an update, is replace the all the .dols in the subfolders in a single hit with a .bat file.

spayrosam

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
.......... etc.

It could be changed to:

.......... etc.
See ya!

a brilliant idea
wink.gif

Here the new boot.dol (WDMP.dol)

Dr. Mario & Germ Buster ISO's > triiforwarders > WDMP.dol > Dr. Mario & Germ Buster game
Game Forwarder02 > triiforwarders > Craptriiforce loader > Game02

device:/triiforwarders/????.dol

Open WDMP.dol (craptriiforce boot.dol loader) and Find WDMP and replace it with your new ID
84066382.jpg

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
spayrosam said:
wichoxp said:
.......... etc.

It could be changed to:

.......... etc.
See ya!

a brilliant idea
wink.gif

Here the new boot.dol (WDMP.dol)

Game Forwarder02 > triiforwarders > Craptriiforce loader > Game02

device:/triiforwarders/????.dol

You're almost there
smileipb2.png
!...

BUT CrapTriiforce loader must get the game ID (XXXX) from the game forwarder to replace Hex 77 64 6D 70 in the boot.dol each time you launch a forwarder. In that way, you only need a unique boot.dol to load all the games!

EDIT: Check my idea + algorithm below pepxl's comment
cool.gif
!

See ya!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wouldnt that mean you need a boot.dol with ALL VC/WW ID's within it, which in turn would be hard to do

EDIT

New Forwarder ID Changer V2 with new boot.dol by sprayrosam

done only slight tests but all in all it writes the new ID to dol then outputs a folder with changed ID and .dol with new ID within it so no need to rename anything

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
pepxl said:
wouldnt that mean you need a boot.dol with ALL VC/WW ID's within it, which in turn would be hard to do
No, you don't need that. What you need is to get the game ID (XXXX) in offset 0x00036E87 from spayrosam's boot.dol file. This ID must be copied to CrapTriiforce loader in offset 0x00047F30 and that's all
toot.gif
!

Here's the algorithm:
loader.jpg

In this way, you will need just ONE CrapTriiforce loader file to load ALL the games
smile.gif
!!!

This process must be done automatically each time spayrosam's boot.dol file is loaded on the wii.

PS: I don't know if the offset addresses may change in future "Triiforce beta" releases. So, it's better to set a specific CODE (XXXX) in CrapTriiforce loader that can be changed through spayrosam's boot.dol. Maybe it could look for the specific code (ABCD) in CrapTriiforce loader and change that code to any other VC/WW code. It's just an idea.

See ya!

MattJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not edit the Triiforce app you are using to get the titleID from an argument, then you only need to have one copy of the dol file.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
Anyone have a MPlayer CE NTSC-U forwarder ISO with just sound that I can use to replace the sound file?

I just want one without anyone splash screen and to easily replace the file using Wii Scrubber.

Thanks.
smile.gif
Anyone?
biggrin.gif

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
Here's the algorithm:
loader.jpg

Well, more ore less thats was i did las night in bed...
Take a wad, unpack it, get the game name, game id, change id on iso, change name on iso, change id on isomain.dol (sprayosam dol), change id on boot.dol (wichoxp boot.dol), menu selecting system (neogeo, wiiware...) , doing folders depending of system, (triiforwarders/neogeovc , triiforwarders/wiiware0), and obviously boot.dol with IDGAMEVALUE.dol. I just needed to replace main.dol on my iso template (with custom id and name yet) with wiiscrubber.

With this i was able to do undred iso's in 30 minutes xD

Well... im using one idgamevalue.dol for each game... but well... 40mb its not many space

Good luck

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Oh..My god ! Very confusing !

Please tell me what exactly should I put into my SD. Thanks !

How exactly does this work ?

craptriiforce ? What ?

craptriiforce forwarder ? bool.dol forwarder ? mail.dol forwarder ?

What ? craptriiforce bool.dol forwarder ? X_X

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Oh..My god ! Very confusing !

Please tell me what exactly should I put into my SD. Thanks !

How exactly does this work ?

craptriiforce ? What ?

craptriiforce forwarder ? bool.dol forwarder ? mail.dol forwarder ?

What ? craptriiforce bool.dol forwarder ? X_X

Lol, don't worry about all of that - that's for making the ISO's.
All you need to do is, get Triiforce working so that you know that the Nand Emu and games are working.
Then get the relevant ISO for the game you want (get the correct region), Put that in with all your other ISO's.
Then start that ISO from your USB loader, like you would any other ISO.
Game starts - Play
smile.gif

Oh yeah, you need to grab the covers and manually put them in your USB Loaders directory - because the cover image databases don't do WiiWare stuff.

sleeepy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just reading the ideas above about having the ISO dol overwrite the hexvalue....
Wouldn't it just be easier to have the craptriiforce forwarde dol read from a text file on which Title ID to launch.
Then the ISO dol would just have to write to that text file and then call the craptriiforce forwarde dol.
I think that might be easier.
Just a thought.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
pepxl said:
No, you don't need that. What you need is to get the game ID (XXXX) in offset 0x00036E87 from spayrosam's boot.dol file. This ID must be copied to CrapTriiforce loader in offset 0x00047F30 and that's all
toot.gif
!

Here's the algorithm:
loader.jpg

In this way, you will need just ONE CrapTriiforce loader file to load ALL the games
smile.gif
!!!

This process must be done automatically each time spayrosam's boot.dol file is loaded on the wii.

PS: I don't know if the offset addresses may change in future "Triiforce beta" releases. So, it's better to set a specific CODE (XXXX) in CrapTriiforce loader that can be changed through spayrosam's boot.dol. Maybe it could look for the specific code (ABCD) in CrapTriiforce loader and change that code to any other VC/WW code. It's just an idea.

See ya!

i see your theory just had a look there

ISO looks for say, XXXX.dol inside SD/triiforwarders/ folder with the set game ID, then that XXXX.dol in the SD/triiforwarders/ folder loads what ever game its set to load, then if an updated craptriiforce is release just replace the XXXX.dol inside the SD/triiforwarders with the new version instead of replacing the main.dol within the ISO each time

MattJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The easiest solution is to just pass the required arguments to Triiforce. Over the weekend I will post some sample code that will allow you to do just that. Then, whenever Triiforce is updated, you won't need to replace loads of dol files.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
MattJ said:
The easiest solution is to just pass the required arguments to Triiforce. Over the weekend I will post some sample code that will allow you to do just that. Then, whenever Triiforce is updated, you won't need to replace loads of dol files.
OK, thanks
smile.gif
!

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is great. I've tried a couple so far. They Work flawlessly with WiiFlow.

How come they dont work in Usb Loader GX? I keep getting a black screen. I know there are numerous posts saying that they dont usually work in other loaders, I'm just curious as to why. Missing a certain code to run it or something?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I finally figured out how to get my ISO together. Does anyone have a CLEAN forwarder dol for MPlayer CE that supports SDHC without any sound, splash or error checking messages like the one that djdynamite123 made?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Ok, so I finally figured out how to get my ISO together. Does anyone have a CLEAN forwarder dol for MPlayer CE that supports SDHC without any sound, splash or error checking messages like the one that djdynamite123 made?

just use the one from djdynamite at wadder.net, all app .dol's are available in his thread

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nando said:
so i read through this whole thread and i still don't quite understand how to put the vc games onto a usb drive

That part is easy. I still don't understand how to make the forwarder ISO's myself. Looks so complicated. Luckily there are some on here ready to use.

This is what I did and it works perfectly for me. If Im missing something someone please point it out:

Got a blank SD card and stuck it in my wii. Downloaded Simple FS Dumper, ran it and copied my NAND to the SD card.
Then I took the SD card and copied everything on there to the root of my USB drive.
Downloaded ShowMiiWads ran it and chose File > Open Folder and browsed to my usb drive.
Clicked View > ShowMiiNand (the NAND should show up now)
Then Clicked Tools > Create Common-Key
(Now its ready to add the Wiiware and VC wads)
Just drag and drop them into the program. Add as many as you want. Then when you are done adding at the very bottom of the program you click install (I think thats what it says)
Now install triiforce or triiforce mrc on your wii and your good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff