Hacking WiiWare off USB Loader GX

RobinMeade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I swear I can't find how to load WiiWare games from USB Loader GX. Every tutorial that I see mentions WiiWare it really shows Wii/GC. I have NO idea what directory they should be in and how they should be named. Are they supposed to be installed as wads? Do I install them to channels in emulated nand and then they are launched from USB LoaderGX? No clue.
TIA

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I swear I can't find how to load WiiWare games from USB Loader GX. Every tutorial that I see mentions WiiWare it really shows Wii/GC. I have NO idea what directory they should be in and how they should be named. Are they supposed to be installed as wads? Do I install them to channels in emulated nand and then they are launched from USB LoaderGX? No clue.
TIA
As far as I know, you can only install them as WADs. Also, if you decide to install them make sure to do it properly according to the guide you follow, if not your system could very possibly brick. Though, seeing you have emunand that shouldn't be a problem for you, just a hassel.
So, yes, your last statement about installing them as a channel and them popping up in usb loader gx is correct.

Last edited by Zense,

RobinMeade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Thank you for the confirmation. I was only suspecting that, but I wasn't sure.

Now if I could only pass through being stuck at "Loading BootMii" then maybe I could install those wads finally!

RobinMeade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Can install them to USB right away? I assumed with emulated nand I go into another instance (emulated) of HBC and then install them as wads to fake channels there which would reside on USB and then I can finally see them in USBL-GX. I mean that's my assumption, but I don't know if I understand the process correctly.

IveMalfunctioned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can't install WADs to a USB. What I did was install virtual console WADs and then selected Nand and EmuNand. it showed the games for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or you can look for Wii games online, download and place them in your WBFS folder on an HDD.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now if I could only pass through being stuck at "Loading BootMii"
if you have "loading bootmii" issue, you are not using the correct guide.

there are two method to play wiiware/vc, and you picked the hardest one.
while it's very easy !

prerequisite : d2x v8 final, or v10 r52 (NEVER v10 r53).

Go to usbloadergx > settings > custom path > EmuNAND Channel folder : set the folder where you want your channels installed to. current latest release default path is sd:/nands/01/
if you want it to usb, change to usb1:/nands/01/
it's in "01" because you can have multiple nands in the "nands" folder. 01 being the first nand copy you'll put into it.

Steps :
1. settings > features > Dump NAND > Full (choose "emuNAND channel", NOT "emuNAND save" if asked)
2. settings > features > Wad manager > install your wads from here !
3. go to main window, top menu, 4th icon, enable "channels on emuNAND".
DONE :D

more than 80% of games are working now.
if you want the remaining games, you'll need to use neek, and that's what the bad guide you found tried to explain.
all neek guides are incomplete and wrong ! they are all expecting users to ALREADY have a correctly hacked console, which is apparently not the case for so many users.

neek is hard (apparently it is very hard to understand for people's brain.... I find it so easy myself that I don't understand why others don't) and not required for most games. it's not recommended to use it.
sorry to brag, but "make a copy ... boot that copy... what you see now IS neek", I don't see what's hard in that.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Valkie

RobinMeade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Steps :
1. settings > features > Dump NAND > Full (choose "emuNAND channel", NOT "emuNAND save" if asked)

Thank you once again for your time trying to help

When you say settings. Settings of what program? Are we talking about the USBL-GX the entire time?

I'm trying to understand the process here.

I dump the owned VC/Wiiware that are ALREADY installed on my Wii with USBL-GX as wads, to where? (If I set the path as USB in steps earlier is that where they going to be dumped? Is that it?) And then they will get reinstalled back to USB as nand channels? Am I understanding this correctly?

EDIT: What are the pre-requisites for this? Do I even need to install neek2o at all? Or just USBL-GX is required?

Last edited by RobinMeade,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes of course setting of USBLoaderGX, that's the program you asked. where do you think these settings are located if not in the program you asked? don't you see the names of the menu are the one from that program?

I thought I gave the pre requisite. read again.

I told you to NOT use neek, why would you still want to use it?
if you can't follow 3 steps, you should really not try neek/neek2o and I understand why you couldn't make it work.

if you set the path to ... where you want, of course it's WHERE IT'LL BE ! that's the purpose of choosing a path !
why choose a path if not to use it ?
that path is where your "copy" of the wii NAND will be located, the copy where you'll install WAD, the copy that you will use to play the wad, the copy you play from !
and like I said earlier : what's hard in understanding this : you Make a copy, and you play from the copy ! apparently very hard...

only USBLoaderGX is required. follow the 3 little steps. very small guide, very easy. if it doesn't work I can't help more easily. if hacking is too hard, don't do it, it's dangerous to do something you don't understand, let someone else do it for you.

Last edited by Cyan,

RobinMeade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sorry, by pre-requisites I meant programs not ios. I just didn't realize that USBL-GX is that robust. I always thought of it as a pretty cover display nothing more.

RobinMeade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yes of course setting of USBLoaderGX, that's the program you asked. where do you think these settings are located if not in the program you asked? don't you see the names of the menu are the one from that program?

Sorry for all the confusion.
When I mentioned USBL-GX I thought it's only to play Wii games and display covers. After all it can't play GC games only can display covers and launch it using Nintendont. I (wrongly) assumed that's what neek2o is for, just like Nintendont. I thought maybe there is another program (other than neek2o) that does the emulation and the USBL-GX uses it to launch games, it didn't occur to me that USBL-GX is THAT program. That's where the whole confusion came from. As I said above USBL-GX it seem more robust than just pretty cover display.

EDIT: Got it to work, it was very easy. Thank you!
EDIT2: Any way to remove nand channels like Weather Channel, HBC, USB Loader GX from showing in the list of games? They are all double too, so no matter which nand I disable from showing, one always shows in the list (can't do both or WiiWare/VC disappear as well)

Last edited by RobinMeade,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry I was in bad mood yesterday, and was a little direct.
Glad it worked and you found it easy because it is, and people should all do that instead of trying neek on random guide on internet. which guide did you try to follow? apparently it's a bad one, and It could be useful to know which one you used so we can contact the author and make it delete it or update it.

USBLoaderGX is a game launcher, and can launch directly Wii, channels on NAND, channels on emuNAND, gamecube (yes it can!) or homebrew.
If you want to play gamecube game using Nintendont instead of normal gamecube mode of the console, then you use the "homebrew" launcher method of USBLoaderGX. it launches nintendont and tells it which game to boot.
there are two other gamecube mode you can use :
- Devolution (another homebrew, working the same way than Nintendont),
or
- MIOS (internal, official console's gamecube mode, without using another homebrew), which itself has been patched and few different developers made different compatibility :
-- MIOS : normal gamecube mode of the console, launch retail gamecube disc, or burned gamecube disc if you have a modchip
-- cMIOS : launch retail and burned gamecube disc, even without modchip, only on old console compatible with DVD-R
-- DIOS MIOS Lite : launch retail disc and ISO from SD
-- DIOS MIOS : launch retail disc and ISO from USB
-- QUAD FORCE : launch Triforce arcade games ISO from SD/USB

By default, the loader used MIOS mode, but now everybody want to use Nintendont so I changed the default mode to nintendont. users don't even remember the Wii could play Gamecube natively, but the option is still there.

Now for your question:

if you choose "real NAND" you can't delete channels, it's the channels located on your Real Wii !
if you choose "emuNAND" then you can delete channels from it, it's just a copy of your console and there's no risk to delete content from it.

Two choices :

Choice1: delete channel on emuNAND only
top menu 4th icon > DISABLE "channel on NAND" and enable "channels on EmuNAND" to show only emuNAND content.
select the channel you want to delete, but don't start it, just press A once to have the animated banner with the two option at the bottom "option or start"
go to option
select "delete"

Choice 2 : hide channels on BOTH emuNAND and real NAND, but not delete the channel
follwo the guide at bottom on this post https://gbatemp.net/posts/4251265

Remember that this "easy mode" which I call the cIOS emuNAND mode, is not 100% compatible with all games.
Castlevania is not working for example. that's one of the most wanted game, so you'll see it's not working soon.
There are other games, but less known, like bonzai barber.

these non working game will require the "neek emuNAND mode", which is 98% compatible (I guess).
but you noticed, neek is not easy to setup if you follow random guide. but it's as easy as what you did above if you follow a good one. it's only "generate files. Copy files on SD or USB. done !" but all guides from other people make that so over complicated that nobody manage to make it work.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Randyslim76

Cyberian

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to bump this (somewhat old thread). I've done what Cyan said , to play the Wiiware games from USB Loader GX.
I can play the games, however a lot of games seems to do it well from the beginning but seems to crash or error when further in the game.
It's really annoying ! Could i overlooked something in the pre-set proces when installing the wads?

D

Deleted User

I followed Cyan's steps (1,2 & 3) too, and I have a similar issue where my Wii ware on EmuNAND doesn't have a banner or animated banner at all, and when I try and load it it chucks me to the Wii Menu. I'm pretty sure this is not an incompatibility issue because it does this with 15 different games...

I'm running on Wii v.4.3E and USB loader GX on v. 3.1.1.1278.master. It loads with cIOS 249 and nintendont linked...

I can post a syscheck if needed.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/launch-fail-from-emunand-wads-usb-loader-gx.566457/

Last edited by ,

Felix12332

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

while it's very easy !

Go to usbloadergx > settings > custom path > EmuNAND Channel folder : set the folder where you want your channels installed to. current latest release default path is sd:/nands/01/
it's in "01" because you can have multiple nands in the "nands" folder. 01 being the first nand copy you'll put into it.

Steps :

if you want the remaining games, you'll need to use neek, and that's what the bad guide you found tried to explain.
all neek guides are incomplete and wrong ! they are all expecting users to ALREADY have a correctly hacked console, which is apparently not the case for so many users.

neek is hard (apparently it is very hard to understand for people's brain.... I find it so easy myself that I don't understand why others don't) and not required for most games. it's not recommended to use it.
sorry to brag, but "make a copy ... boot that copy... what you see now IS neek", I don't see what's hard in that.
i don't see the option to enable emunand channels where would this option be ???

while it's very easy !

Steps :

sorry i phrased that wrong i'm having issues installing the wads with the usb loader wad manager

sorry again i managed to make it work on my own

Reactions: Cyan

kobeskillz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this (somewhat old thread). I've done what Cyan said , to play the Wiiware games from USB Loader GX.
I can play the games, however a lot of games seems to do it well from the beginning but seems to crash or error when further in the game.
It's really annoying ! Could i overlooked something in the pre-set proces when installing the wads?
This happens to me as well. Super annoying. I can play them fine on the regular Wii menu or SD card though. Weird.

theHallucinathan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought I gave the pre requisite. read again.

I told you to NOT use neek, why would you still want to use it?
if you can't follow 3 steps, you should really not try neek/neek2o and I understand why you couldn't make it work.

if you set the path to ... where you want, of course it's WHERE IT'LL BE ! that's the purpose of choosing a path !
why choose a path if not to use it ?
that path is where your "copy" of the wii NAND will be located, the copy where you'll install WAD, the copy that you will use to play the wad, the copy you play from !
and like I said earlier : what's hard in understanding this : you Make a copy, and you play from the copy ! apparently very hard...

only USBLoaderGX is required. follow the 3 little steps. very small guide, very easy. if it doesn't work I can't help more easily. if hacking is too hard, don't do it, it's dangerous to do something you don't understand, let someone else do it for you.
no need to be harsh dude, I tink it's obvious this is new to him, and it seems to me he just wants to make sure he doesn't fuck anything up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no need to be harsh dude, I tink it's obvious this is new to him, and it seems to me he just wants to make sure he doesn't fuck anything up.
yes, and I said sorry and excused myself on the next message I posted.
If you know me (which you might not, because you are new here), I posted tons of guides and helped thousands of people, they often come to me to ask for help. I'm useful 999 times out of 1000, that message was the bad one, after a bad day, because I'm not a robot.
It's nice of you to feel sorry for other people wanting help and getting irony instead, because they don't read and do the opposite of what you tell them and they tell your advice was wrong and made things worse.

I hope you'll react better than me for the time among us :)
Your first message being a criticizing comment, I'll just take it as a thought that you only seek peace and want to help everyone, not being accusing and mean.
Welcome to GBAtemp, and please be kind to your fellow users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: