WiiWare Aspect Ratio Support?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lurkerer, Jan 13, 2016.

1. lurkerer
    OP

lurkerer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Hey there everyone,

It's my first post although I have been doing quite a bit of reading here over the last few months.

I've pretty much achieved everything I've wanted to on my PAL Wii without needing to ask any silly questions, although I can't recount the exact steps- below is what I can remember!

---------------
    *rev1260 (that's the USB loader revision right?) IOS249 (rev65535) +AHB dx2 v10beta52 base 56
    (IOS 236 is installed obviously,
    when I check the IOS grid in dx2CIOS installer everything but 249 is listed as a STUB, I'm not sure if this is the best / correct setup?)

*Everything boots through USB Loader GX, I have it installed with a channel forwarder, it autoboots on startup and titles "reset to" it.

*Soft region change to NTSCU for 60hz in some games that refuse to force it (No system menu installed as I use the offline region changer and can't seem to get back to 4.3E if I install 4.1U system menu)

*Emunand runs from SD path with my VC + Wiiware backups.
    (Backups for ZeldaMM, OgreB64, Smash64, Sonic4ep1, CastlevaniaRebirth run from local memory as they have issues on Emunand)

*Wii + GCN backups run from USB path.

*GCN backups are booted via Nintendon't v3.372
    (DIOSMIOS v2.11+ is present also, I'm not sure what the better option is but I've had no issues with Nintendon't thus far)
    ---------------

The text in red are minor questions I have if anyone wants to address those.

My real question however is this; On my configuration WiiWare titles will only display the system set aspect ratio and ignore the loader settings. I have tried several titles and configurations and nothing seems to work. Are WiiWare titles unsupported by some of the loader settings? Or is there a work around?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: No one :)?

Last edited by lurkerer, Jan 14, 2016
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    1. r1260 is, in fact, the latest version of USB Loader GX
    2. You should be fine with 249 but some games like CoD: Black Ops and games with USB peripherals require IOS57 instead of 56 so you might want to install d2x as 250[57] as well.
    3. It's fine to leave DM installed but Nintendont has much better compatibility and supports streaming audio games properly.
    4. I'm honestly not sure about the NAND titles and aspect ratio, but I don't think USB loaders patch those.