Hacking WiiVC Gamecube games give a black screen

waytoodeep03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed this tutorial to a "T" using the TechMoon VC injector

When I go to try to play the game I either get frozen on the nintendont loading the mem card or I get a black screen all together.

This happens right after the Wii splash screen appears.

My setup uses the western digital 2tb hard drive connected to the back of the WiiU via y-cable.
Everything else works like wii u games and wii VC games injected with this same tool. For some reason gamecube games are not working

Is there any way to make this work properly?

Last edited by waytoodeep03,

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to watch that video to see if he's giving you good info but I turned it off in seconds just can't understand that dude. I will just ask did you install Nintendont on your sd card?

waytoodeep03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to watch that video to see if he's giving you good info but I turned it off in seconds just can't understand that dude. I will just ask did you install Nintendont on your sd card?

Sorry that was the wrong video i updated it.

I just followed what he said and downloaded the nintendont via the tech moon injector.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put your sd card in your computer and make sure there's an apps folder and nintendont insider that folder, and inside that should be meta.xml and boot.dol. If not it's not installed correctly.

waytoodeep03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put your sd card in your computer and make sure there's an apps folder and nintendont insider that folder, and inside that should be meta.xml and boot.dol. If not it's not installed correctly.

Thanks Jay so there is a nintendont folder inside apps that has those files.

Is there another way to load these games?

Supposedly this vc injector is supposed to have nintendont installed alongside the games. but obviously it isnt working.

Another thing I tried was to load haxchi first then try the games but still same black screen issue.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a legit external hard drive with y cable or are you installing to internal? If not already try to install to internal.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Before launching the gamecube game installed on your HDD, try launching the vWii mode first (ie. the Wii menu). Return to Wii U menu, proceed to load the method of hacking (CBHC if theres already present, haxchi, web browser exploit, etc) and then launch the GC game. There are some SD cards that are not compatible and refuse to load Nintendont, try experimenting with different SD cards at hand. I use a 512 mb kingston SD (very old) and thats the only SD card that works for me for this method, even I tried lots of SD cards (brands, micro SD adapters and different capacities). Hope it works for you.

90sNath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(facepalm) guys you do know it's because your gamecube controller adapter is plugged in right? If anything usb other then the usb drive is plugged in. The game will just black screen. If you are using gamecube controllers. Unplug the adapter as you start up, wait til you see maybe a progressive scan screen or anything at all, then reply them in.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(facepalm) guys you do know it's because your gamecube controller adapter is plugged in right? If anything usb other then the usb drive is plugged in. The game will just black screen. If you are using gamecube controllers. Unplug the adapter as you start up, wait til you see maybe a progressive scan screen or anything at all, then reply them in.

You could have just explained this without the snarkiness. I've never owned a gamecube controller adapter so it's kind of difficult for me to tell someone that's the problem. If the op has one in you're probably right but they didn't even say they had one.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
No, the Wii U gamecube adapter (official or third party) connected or disconnected has nothing relevant to the black screen when using injected GC games. No one knows exactly what triggers this issue but there are workarounds like the one I mentioned in my earlier post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Poke the boner lol. +1