Homebrew WiiUDownloader

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve just literally downloaded the program for my Mac & im just wondering once the games are downloaded, which program/HB app do I need to install them to my wiiu Home Screen after saving them to the sd card & do I save them in the install folder also? Thanks

Trophies
XP
Hi, I’ve just literally downloaded the program for my Mac & im just wondering once the games are downloaded, which program/HB app do I need to install them to my wiiu Home Screen after saving them to the sd card & do I save them in the install folder also? Thanks

Either use WUP Intaller or NUSspli.

The downloaded files should go into a folder inside the Install directory. I'll put an example below.

SD:/install/Darksiders II/

so all of the .app, .h3, and the ticket files would be inside that folder.

Also for future reference, don't open a completely new thread to ask a question about a tool that already has its own dedicated thread. kay? thanks

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The downloaded files should go into a folder inside the Install directory. I'll put an example below.

Also for future reference, don't open a completely new thread to ask a question about a tool that already has its own dedicated thread. kay? thanks
Hi, thanks for the reply & no worries il remember that 😀
Post automatically merged:

Hi I’ve managed to download a couple of games & install them to my wiiu but how do you install games that have updates with them ie assassins creed 3 as this comes through as 2 programs once downloaded but neither are showing up on wup installer when I try & install them the same way as the others I’ve done?

Last edited by whorewolf,
Trophies
XP
Hi I’ve managed to download a couple of games & install them to my wiiu but how do you install games that have updates with them ie assassins creed 3 as this comes through as 2 programs once downloaded but neither are showing up on wup installer when I try & install them the same way as the others I’ve done?

Do you mean how to install the Update and the Game? Or just the Game, or just the Update? Because both would work exactly the same way. You download the game, then you download the update and put it in folder structures like so

SD:/install/AC III
SD:/install/AC III Update

So when you download the update, all the files go into a separate folder, since it's a separate install. So when you have both of them on your SD Card, you then install the Game first, then after install the Update.

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean how to install the Update and the Game? Or just the Game, or just the Update? Because both would work exactly the same way. You download the game, then you download the update and put it in folder structures like so

So when you download the update, all the files go into a separate folder, since it's a separate install. So when you have both of them on your SD Card, you then install the Game first, then after install the Update.
Yeah that’s what I thought but after downloading both of them and placing them in install folder neither were showing up in wup installer so I presume there was an issue with game & update themselves ie maybe missing files or something? I had a similar issue after dumping my own game ie game & wario as this wouldn’t show up either? Even though all my other dumped games showed up so I ended up downloading this from usb helper & it then showed up fine? Very strange lol

Trophies
XP
Sometimes files either corrupt, or just copy over wrong- It's really common. So all I can really suggest is One : use NUSspli instead of WUP Installer, because not only can it install files from SD, it can also download games without needing to use the PC, not to mention it's a LOT less glitchy than WUP Installer; and Two : Check your drive health as that could be a factor.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that’s what I thought but after downloading both of them and placing them in install folder neither were showing up in wup installer so I presume there was an issue with game & update themselves ie maybe missing files or something? I had a similar issue after dumping my own game ie game & wario as this wouldn’t show up either? Even though all my other dumped games showed up so I ended up downloading this from usb helper & it then showed up fine? Very strange lol
The & is probably not going to work in the folder name.

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes files either corrupt, or just copy over wrong- It's really common. So all I can really suggest is One : use NUSspli instead of WUP Installer, because not only can it install files from SD, it can also download games without needing to use the PC, not to mention it's a LOT less glitchy than WUP Installer; and Two : Check your drive health as that could be a factor.
Ok il try NUSspli also but can you save to sd card aswell as just saving straight to the external hdd as I like to keep a copy of the games on another hdd as backup so I don’t have to re-download them if need be in the future? It was also usb helper I downloaded assassins creed 3 & the update from that failed to show up on wup installer but just re downloaded them with WiiUdownloader & they have now shown up on wup installer & installed onto my wiiu external hdd so at least that’s sorted now but il defanitly try NUSspli for future reference also & that is just a HB app yeah? Thanks also

Also, no idea if this is just me being overly paranoid with File Names, but I also never put spaces or special characters just in case, lol.
Il remember this thanks

Trophies
XP
Ok il try NUSspli also but can you save to sd card aswell as just saving straight to the external hdd as I like to keep a copy of the games on another hdd as backup so I don’t have to re-download them if need be in the future? It was also usb helper I downloaded assassins creed 3 & the update from that failed to show up on wup installer but just re downloaded them with WiiUdownloader & they have now shown up on wup installer & installed onto my wiiu external hdd so at least that’s sorted now but il defanitly try NUSspli for future reference also & that is just a HB app yeah? Thanks also

Yes. NUSspli can both download and install the files to a USB Device and SD Card. If you really wanted to, I guess you could just download the files to the USB Device and leave them there. But it'd take up a lot of space.

whorewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spaces shouldn't matter, but special characters do.
Il defanitly remember this for future reference thanks

Yes. NUSspli can both download and install the files to a USB Device and SD Card. If you really wanted to, I guess you could just download the files to the USB Device and leave them there. But it'd take up a lot of space.
Yeah if your downloading them to the external hdd it makes sense to install them aswell but what I meant was can you save the download to sd card so then I can transfer it over to my pc before actually installing it onto my wiiu external hdd? Thanks

Sorry just spotted you did say it could be done to sd card along with usb drive, sorry about that

Can I just ask also please that sometimes when I download from WiiUdownloader it states the game size in gb but when the files are downloaded sometimes it’s showing as twice the size for some reason ie assassins creed IV was around 13gb when downloading but the folder size is showing as 27.74gb? Is this correct as it seems massive & is obviously more than double the size as to what was stated on the download info, I have googled it & it states the download size should be around 13gb so I don’t know why once downloaded the game has more than doubled in size? Thanks

Last edited by whorewolf,
Reactions: godreborn

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what I meant was can you save the download to sd card so then I can transfer it over to my pc before actually installing it
Sure thing. You can even download and install in one run and copy the files off the SD card afterwards.

How do I select all and then 'add to queue' ?
That's not possible. I mean why would you want to add all the games available to the queue?
NUSspli has some nice algorithms though which fill the queue a bit for you. Like it asks you to install the update, too, when you try to install a game... Or it asks you to install the game, too, in case you try to install DLC for a game you haven't installed.

//EDIT: In case you want some tool which downloads anything from the NUS, even unknown titles, for preserving purposes: I have such a tool available (using it regulary to find pre-releases on the NUS and stuff like that... Like I was the first one knowing Silver Fall games title IDs weeks before they officially released and even played the games on my Will U back then). This tool just isn't publicy available (cause I don't see a need to release it + codes are really messy as this was never planned to get published).

Last edited by V10lator,

infamousdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not possible. I mean why would you want to add all the games available to the queue?
NUSspli has some nice algorithms though which fill the queue a bit for you. Like it asks you to install the update, too, when you try to install a game... Or it asks you to install the game, too, in case you try to install DLC for a game you haven't installed.

I had come across something on reddit regarding the size (1.8TB) of the entire USA game collection (with updates/DLC). I am trying to download all of it so I will always have it and not be reliant on an internet connection when I want to switch out games on my custom console.

Also, I seem to be running into this a lot: "Error: There was a problem decrypting the files. The path specified for the download might be too long. Please try downloading the files to a shorter path and try again."
But I am downloading to a folder named 'WiiU' off the root of my drive... not sure how much shorter I could go without just downloading to the root of the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...