WiiU USB Helper and trojan?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ashell, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Ashell
    OP

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    I had an issue once where my HD was just 90%+ all the time. I reformatted, and fixed. Its been fine, till I installed WiiU USB Helper again. Each time about a week after I started using it, my HD is 90%+ again.

Anyone else had this issue, or know the solution?

2. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    No trojans.
    No malware.
    It's clean, just hide it from your Antivirus.
    Wii U USB Helper stores games, make sure to delete them after you're done copying them to SDCard.

Last edited by Felek666, Mar 15, 2017
  3. FierceDeityLinkMask

FierceDeityLinkMask Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Ya, the program's good.

4. Ashell
    OP

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    I'm wondering if maybe I downloaded it from a difference source that tampered with it. I got a file called updater.exe from application.wiiuusbhelper.com

5. FierceDeityLinkMask

FierceDeityLinkMask Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    United States
  6. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    90% full?
    Just delete your games you downloaded after you installed them on your wii u or buy a hdd with a higher capacity^^

7. Ashell
    OP

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    no my HD are fine. I have lots of room on my laptop. A 2TB HD I move files too. And a 1TB for my wiiu. its not even half full.

8. Velocity

Velocity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    Are you defo referring to your HDD and not your RAM, I know the app uses a fair bit of RAM when verifying downloads.

If it's defo your HDD have you tried running an app that shows you what is using up your disk space?

9. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    He's probably referring to disk usage (read/write per second)

10. Hikari06

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Why the hell would I want to fill up your drive ? What would be the point?
    The application only uses the space it requires to store games, cached content (images, icons,etc..., about 60-70 MB depending on your usage) and decrypted content if applicable.
    If you are referring to disk usage (which is not clear in your message) then it's normal since the application verifies each and every file and tries to do it as fast as possible. The faster it goes the less time one has to wait... I would hardly call that a "trojan"

Last edited by Hikari06, Mar 16, 2017
    dojafoja likes this.
  11. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Trojan? Do you know what a Trojan is or are you just using that word as a place holder for infection? If you're worried about disc space you probably haven't deleted any of the files you downloaded to install on WII U

Plus what does 90%+ mean? Are you looking at task manager? You've got to be specific if you want our help.

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 16, 2017
  12. Ashell
    OP

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    No, its not filling up my HD. Its just constantly in use. I have to kill the process I expanded over and over until it finally stops restarting itself. While this might not be the exact process in the image, because its a generic runtime. And if you wrote this program, I'm not hating on you. I fully realize someone else may have injected garbage. Or it may be something else all together, but its happened twice after installing wiiu usb helper, and I really only have steam and that on this laptop currently. Over 200GB free currently.
    [​IMG]

13. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Hmm the Process you select and show in the image isn't Wii USB Helper ;P And yes Windows sometimes does things in the "background".

Last edited by nIxx, Mar 17, 2017
  14. Hikari06

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Well if it was USB Helper which is saturating your drive then it would be shown directly on its process, not on the service host sine it does not spawn any service.
    All I can tell you is that the app has been installed by thousands of people who can testify that it's perfectly safe to use.
    Judging from your screenshot it could very well be windows update which is doing its work in the background. I've had the issue once with spinning hard drives which can be overloaded very easily by background servives.

15. acidmango

acidmango Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2014
    Canada
    Its probably Windows Update
    If you want to make sure, stop it in services.msc/services tab and see if your HDD Read/Write usage goes back to something normal.

Last edited by acidmango, Mar 17, 2017
  16. Ashell
    OP

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    Not that I really know what I'm doing at this point but I do think I have something more than just windows update. Someone pointed me to RKILL and it returned this

Code:
     * agp440 [Missing Service]
     * gagp30kx [Missing Service]
     * IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]
     * IoQos [Missing Service]
     * nv_agp [Missing Service]
     * TimeBroker [Missing Service]
     * uagp35 [Missing Service]
     * uliagpkx [Missing Service]
     * WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]
     * wpcfltr [Missing Service]
     * WSService [Missing Service]

* AJRouter => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted [Incorrect ImagePath]
     * WpnService => %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]

* vmicrdv => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]
     * vmicvss => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

17. acidmango

acidmango Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2014
    Canada
    Looks normal to me for Win10 (64bit).
    Did you try stopping the Windows Update service? You can restart it after no worries.

18. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    Windows likes to index files on a hard drive for easier searching, i had a similar problem to yours until i disabled the indexing feature.

I would highly doubt that your problem is caused by USB Helper alone.

And BTW the site where you got the updater.exe file from is the official site for the program (I believe) so i highly doubt that you would get a trojan or any sort of virus downloading it from there.

Last edited by nikeymikey, Mar 17, 2017