Hacking WiiU USB Helper and trojan?

Ashell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an issue once where my HD was just 90%+ all the time. I reformatted, and fixed. Its been fine, till I installed WiiU USB Helper again. Each time about a week after I started using it, my HD is 90%+ again.

Anyone else had this issue, or know the solution?

D

Deleted User

No trojans.
No malware.
It's clean, just hide it from your Antivirus.
Wii U USB Helper stores games, make sure to delete them after you're done copying them to SDCard.

Last edited by ,

Ashell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if maybe I downloaded it from a difference source that tampered with it. I got a file called updater.exe from application.wiiuusbhelper.com

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
90% full?
Just delete your games you downloaded after you installed them on your wii u or buy a hdd with a higher capacity^^

Ashell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no my HD are fine. I have lots of room on my laptop. A 2TB HD I move files too. And a 1TB for my wiiu. its not even half full.

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no my HD are fine. I have lots of room on my laptop. A 2TB HD I move files too. And a 1TB for my wiiu. its not even half full.
Are you defo referring to your HDD and not your RAM, I know the app uses a fair bit of RAM when verifying downloads.

If it's defo your HDD have you tried running an app that shows you what is using up your disk space?

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I had an issue once where my HD was just 90%+ all the time. I reformatted, and fixed. Its been fine, till I installed WiiU USB Helper again. Each time about a week after I started using it, my HD is 90%+ again.

Anyone else had this issue, or know the solution?
Why the hell would I want to fill up your drive ? What would be the point?
The application only uses the space it requires to store games, cached content (images, icons,etc..., about 60-70 MB depending on your usage) and decrypted content if applicable.
If you are referring to disk usage (which is not clear in your message) then it's normal since the application verifies each and every file and tries to do it as fast as possible. The faster it goes the less time one has to wait... I would hardly call that a "trojan"

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: dojafoja

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trojan? Do you know what a Trojan is or are you just using that word as a place holder for infection? If you're worried about disc space you probably haven't deleted any of the files you downloaded to install on WII U

Plus what does 90%+ mean? Are you looking at task manager? You've got to be specific if you want our help.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Ashell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, its not filling up my HD. Its just constantly in use. I have to kill the process I expanded over and over until it finally stops restarting itself. While this might not be the exact process in the image, because its a generic runtime. And if you wrote this program, I'm not hating on you. I fully realize someone else may have injected garbage. Or it may be something else all together, but its happened twice after installing wiiu usb helper, and I really only have steam and that on this laptop currently. Over 200GB free currently.
GCBzzru.jpg

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm the Process you select and show in the image isn't Wii USB Helper ;P And yes Windows sometimes does things in the "background".

Last edited by nIxx,

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
No, its not filling up my HD. Its just constantly in use. I have to kill the process I expanded over and over until it finally stops restarting itself. While this might not be the exact process in the image, because its a generic runtime. And if you wrote this program, I'm not hating on you. I fully realize someone else may have injected garbage. Or it may be something else all together, but its happened twice after installing wiiu usb helper, and I really only have steam and that on this laptop currently. Over 200GB free currently.
GCBzzru.jpg
Well if it was USB Helper which is saturating your drive then it would be shown directly on its process, not on the service host sine it does not spawn any service.
All I can tell you is that the app has been installed by thousands of people who can testify that it's perfectly safe to use.
Judging from your screenshot it could very well be windows update which is doing its work in the background. I've had the issue once with spinning hard drives which can be overloaded very easily by background servives.

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its probably Windows Update
If you want to make sure, stop it in services.msc/services tab and see if your HDD Read/Write usage goes back to something normal.

Last edited by acidmango,

Ashell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I really know what I'm doing at this point but I do think I have something more than just windows update. Someone pointed me to RKILL and it returned this

Code:
 * agp440 [Missing Service]
 * gagp30kx [Missing Service]
 * IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]
 * IoQos [Missing Service]
 * nv_agp [Missing Service]
 * TimeBroker [Missing Service]
 * uagp35 [Missing Service]
 * uliagpkx [Missing Service]
 * WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]
 * wpcfltr [Missing Service]
 * WSService [Missing Service]

* AJRouter => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted [Incorrect ImagePath]
 * WpnService => %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]

* vmicrdv => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]
 * vmicvss => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks normal to me for Win10 (64bit).
Did you try stopping the Windows Update service? You can restart it after no worries.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Windows likes to index files on a hard drive for easier searching, i had a similar problem to yours until i disabled the indexing feature.

I would highly doubt that your problem is caused by USB Helper alone.

And BTW the site where you got the updater.exe file from is the official site for the program (I believe) so i highly doubt that you would get a trojan or any sort of virus downloading it from there.

Last edited by nikeymikey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr