Hacking WiiU Updated to 5.5.2 mid-hacking.. Help!

tack2sr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got the vwii hacked to have the homebrew channel using wuphax, but when it reset it auto updated to 5.5.2. now, i cant use the browser hack to remove the mii channel exploit on the vwii. i didnt get to install haxchi yet, and i dont think i can at this point. I would like to unhack the mii channel, is that possible with only the vwii hacked? I dont see any guide on how to do it without using the browser hack, which no longer works. Thanks for any assistance!

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii U also updated itself today. Lovely. I blocked DNS now and downloaded Crunchyroll. So now I can only wait and hope for the best?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When we tell you to setup DNS, do it...
Problem is, wiiu.guide doesn't tell you to setup DNS. At least on the vWii hacking guide. It doesn't even tell you how to launch HBL, it assumes you know. And this is a problem for people who go straight for vWii hacking. I reported it on plailect's github as an issue. He prob won't even get to it, he's completely inactive with wii u stuff.

Reactions: Deleted User

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have Haxchi and Mocha CFW without coldboot, is it okay to install 5.5.2?
Haxchi will still work on 5.5.2, but the internet browser will no longer work as a homebrew entry point. It is not recommended that you update to 5.5.2, because if something goes wrong with Haxchi, you'll be out of luck.

If you have to update, it's recommended you manually update everything but the browser.

Reactions: Jayro and bostonBC

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay cool. Now second question... Is there an easy way to spoof the system as 5.5.2, or better yet... 9.9.9?
Spoofing the system as 5.5.2 will not block updates to other system components like the browser. So, you still need to block updates with the proper DNS settings (and by deleting the update folder from the NAND), and there's no reason to spoof. Online play still works on 5.5.1, and the eShop requires NNU Patcher even if you spoof.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Jayro

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you! You give very good information. :yayu:
If you want to install 5.5.2 manually while skipping the browser, leaving it vulnerable, you can follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-to-5-5-1-from-lower-versions.478867/
The files you need to manually download and install to update everything but the browser from 5.5.1U to 5.5.2U are as follows:
0005001010041100 v560
0005001B10051000 v128
000500301001A10A v66
Same as with spoofing, you still need to block updates so the browser doesn't get automatically updated to the 5.5.2 version.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Even better, thanks! And thank you for your patience with me. I've been out of the loop for Wii U since installing haxchi, and haven't used my Wii U since the Switch came out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gonna look into that when I get home