WiiU Possible Exploit on release?

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure this has been thought of,but I think we may see a possible hack on day 1 when the WiiU releases.
The brawl exploit.(Or any exploit for that matter),If the wiiU works the same way as the wii
(Using a similar channel booting method, then we may already have homebrew on this console)
I do not want to ruin the console's lifespan, nor do I want it to be hacked[ESPECIALLY ON DAY 1].
I just wanted to share thought with the forums and the possible outcomes.
So what do you think will happen? Will Nintendo block this, or will they let it slide.
Depending on the WiiU's menu it may not even happen since it will be in wii mode and not in WiiU mode.
(Like the wii being in Gamecube mode) Well guys, share your comments and ideas.

MODS Fix post if I placed this in wrong section.
EDIT: Thank you.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
No offence, but this theory is just plain stupid.

We don't know anything about the Wii U, on a software-basis.
We might have some keys of the current Wii, but the keys of the Wii U will be probably completely different. Heck, the whole security system will probably completely renewed. The Wii U will probably not even not rely on IOS like the Wii, but it'll have a complete new software architecture.

There is no way it will be hacked Wii U mode. Maybe some kind of Wii-games-exploit, but it won't get you into the system menu, or channels at all.

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
No, it shoudnt be in the user submitted news -.-
I dont see any point of discussing this matter anywhere in the forum :/.
sleep.gif
My bad, still a little new here. I just wanted to share the idea of it though.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
It wont be hacked, nor do i want it too.
It will be hacked. Anything that is done by people can be undone by other people. And Nintendo doesn't have the best track record with security anyway.

But I think it's silly that anyone is even contemplating this; it was only announced last week and we don't even know the specs yet so hacking rumours are just silly.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I think you should have put it in the Wii hacking section since it relates to that.
I do believe you are correct about this. The 3DS was supposed to be an unhackable beast. But that plays DS homebrew no problem.
I think Nintendo will talk and talk about a hack proof wii u to please developers but at the end of the day, when their is a way, their is a way!
I would say 3 days till wii stuff works on it perfectly.

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
No offence, but this theory is just plain stupid.

We don't know anything about the Wii U, on a software-basis.
We might have some keys of the current Wii, but the keys of the Wii U will be probably completely different. Heck, the whole security system will probably completely renewed. The Wii U will probably not even not rely on IOS like the Wii, but it'll have a complete new software architecture.

There is no way it will be hacked Wii U mode. Maybe some kind of Wii-games-exploit, but it won't get you into the system menu, or channels at all.
Thats where Im trying to get at. Sure the IOS will be different, but do you think that exploit will load easily on wii mode through an SD slot?
Now that I think about, there can be different IOS in the wiiU and in wii mode to block it. I think Nintendo knows better.
EDIT: But it could be possible nevertheless

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Livin in a box said:
UranusKiller said:
It wont be hacked, nor do i want it too.
It will be hacked. Anything that is done by people can be undone by other people. And Nintendo doesn't have the best track record with security anyway.

But I think it's silly that anyone is even contemplating this; it was only announced last week and we don't even know the specs yet so hacking rumours are just silly.
^ agreed

anything can be hacked. the only thing that matters is how long it takes

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
not gonna happen not on day 1 expect to wait a year maybe more
Well who knows, we really don't know HOW EXACTLY wiiU works.
But to get wii mode hacked on day 1 may seem like a possibility.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's highly possible Nintendo could block Smash Stack via some sort of sandboxing system. Certainly you won't be able to install a channel I reckon. That sort of thing will require Wii U mode execution, even for Wii channels, I am pretty certain. It's possible Smash Stack may work to load homebrew, but Nintendo aren't stupid so it may well not. I highly doubt there will be any homebrew running on the Wii U within the first few months at least.

I am curious to find out how Wii mode works though. I wonder if they will have every IOS from the Wii on the Wii U? And I wonder if Wii channels will show up on Wii U's "System Menu" or whatever? I would assume so, and then it'll switch to Wii mode and load the correct IOS.

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
I hate all of these threads were you discuss hacking methods for consoles that didn't even come out yet.
Sorry I just had to speculate a bit about the console, I don't mean to get everyone in a hubbub.
Again sorry if this thread is a bit useless.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ron457x2 said:
AlanJohn said:
I hate all of these threads were you discuss hacking methods for consoles that didn't even come out yet.
Sorry I just had to speculate a bit about the console, I don't mean to get everyone in a hubbub.
Again sorry if this thread is a bit useless.
It is a lot useless, as is every thread about hacking an unreleased console. And most of the threads here about hacking released consoles too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)