WiiU missing the Disc Channel

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DilandDuck25, Nov 24, 2018.

1. DilandDuck25
    OP

DilandDuck25 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    A few months ago, my brother decided to hack our WiiU so we could get Homebrew applications and he also wanted to pirate games. At first, it looked like it was working fine, but then some games would stop working when he tried to open them so he decided to uninstall the hack by formatting the console.

He didn't ask for our permission and he didn't check online to see other ways to remove the hack. Had I known he wanted to uninstall the hack, I would have told him to visit this page: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/ and follow the guide as there is a dedicated section to uninstalling the hack from the SD card and from the WiiU.

When he did format the console, I had no idea, since I stopped playing it for a while as the left joystick didn't work well, but a few weeks ago I wanted to play again some games we already bought in physical copies, so I inserted the disc into the console and I turned it on, but I noticed that the Disc Channel was missing. I thought "Oh, maybe he placed it in a folder" so I started looking for it and nope, I was wrong. It was really gone.

Now, I have no idea what he did to make it disappear, but what I do know is that it happened because of the format he did, because before that, the Disc Channel was still there and it worked like a charm. So not only did he make our physical copies of games we bought unplayable, but he also deleted the games we downloaded, and the save files.

If anyone knows of a way to fix it, I would be really glad and thankful. Either post the solution on the comments, or you can link me a page that has it.
    Also, I am on Firmware 5.5.3 U.

By the way, someone else made a post stating about the same problem (https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-missing-disc-channel.460856/) but I could not understand a single thing on how to fix it.

2. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Computer/internet/GBAtemp acting up. Sorry for multiple posts.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Nov 24, 2018
  3. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    As far as I know there's no way to delete the disc channel. Did you try going as far as you can to the right and go through all the screens and see if it's somewhere?

NM I guess it is possible. But still look at all the screens.

4. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Double post.

5. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Triple Post.

6. DilandDuck25
    OP

DilandDuck25 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    Yes, I already tried doing that but it's not there.

I don't think he deleted it by himself, as in he manually did it. I think it happened when he formatted the console and the hack, I guess, was removed.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Quadruple post ;)

8. DilandDuck25
    OP

DilandDuck25 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    So nobody knows how to fix this issue?

9. tastymeatball

tastymeatball GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2016
    Germany
    As your linked thread states you probably just modified your region of your console. So you have to get your consoles sys_prod.xml and change the line <game_region type="unsignedInt" length="4" access="700">2</game_region> back to you the original region (2 if you own a US console).
    Here is the original thread of RegionHax https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/
    The instructions seem to me pretty outdated. I would just launch Mocha/Haxchi->launch FTPU everywhere->connect with your FTP Client of your choice to your Wii U->navigate to system_slc/config/sys_prod.xml->Download the sys_prod.xml->change line->upload file->reformat the Wii U again or create a new user.

10. DilandDuck25
    OP

DilandDuck25 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    Is there a simplified version of this? I only understood the part that says "You probably just modified the region of your console". What's Mocha/Haxchi?