Status
Not open for further replies.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not sure if you are serious, but they are already selling at a loss and they said a price drop isn't happening.
Well considering the competition is at the moment at half the price with I don't know how many times more games.. It is a valid point (until the PS4 and Durango get released).

Reactions: raulpica

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Like people want a "scaled" down version of the ps3 with their Vita's?

What's not to like about a portable PS3? The Wii U relies on it's innovation, the Vita doesn't. Unless they do something different with their console it's going to remain in the doldrums.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nice, so Nintendo's bumpy start is making Sony look good.

Isn't that what everyone has been saying at Sony? "LOL Sony doesn't sell compared to X". It's still selling millions with relatively small amount of software.

Just like the PSVita, the WiiU is overpriced compared to competitors products available at the moment. If the console was $249 or $299 (Deluxe, with game and stuff), it'd compare quite well. Since it's not + the small amount of games, it won't sell as expected. (That's the reason (or at least a part of it) why they've scaled down expected sales of the WiiU).

Messuped title for a thread btw! ;)

Yes, yes, post an obviously flame-bait topic to USN. Guess this is what this site is coming to.

Way to go in reading the the OP and where this thread originated.. It was an EoF thread :3

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
look at what games are coming out for
each system(in Japan)

the WiiU only has a few games coming (all at the end or March, and one VERY big one at the end of March (DQX))

but the vita has a few big games in the next few weeks (Tales of heart R and Phantasy Star Online 2, the latter of which is out today FREE and FREE to PLAY)

the wiiU is not selling (at this time) as people that want a wiiU are waiting for the games they want to get to come out later in the Year

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then p1ngpong decided to make us look bad by posting this blatant flamebait into the USN :(
f31.jpg

While sales threads aren't really that fruitful, putting things into perspective is interesting. Both Sony and Nintendo are forming the joint venture called Knee Deep in Shit Inc to try to combat the power of the mobile sector (phones, tabs, phablets, etc).

Reactions: Sicklyboy

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's exactly while it's failing - not so powerful hardware for WAY too much.
Yeah, you aren't serious. :P

Well considering the competition is at the moment at half the price with I don't know how many times more games.. It is a valid point (until the PS4 and Durango get released).
I still don't think it's valid. Do you think if games were here right now, it still will be the same?
They had the games there at the beginning and it sold so much in such a small time.Don't all new consoles have that problem?Should we prepare for a Ps4
and Durango price cut since there are consoles behind it with a lot more games which you wouldn't even be able to simple carry over
and most likely be much cheaper?

What's not to like about a portable PS3? The Wii U relies on it's innovation, the Vita doesn't. Unless they do something different with their console it's going to remain in the doldrums.
I just made it seem like it was a bad thing. What's not to like about a DS in console form? If it lives up to be a DS, we'll be getting games out of the wazoo.

Personally, I think they relies on a balance between everything that makes up a console.
Plus Sony did try to push the touchpad and still trying to do it with the ps4.

"Different with their console"? Like more games? Once they finally get done and delays stop happening, this won't be a problem.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I just made it seem like it was a bad thing. What's not to like about a DS in console form? If it lives up to be a DS, we'll be getting games out of the wazoo.

"Different with their console"? Like more games? Once they finally get done and delays stop happening, this won't be a problem.

Because unfortunately we've seen it before and just the dynamic of looking at the tablet and TV simultaneously-ish doesn't work as well. Plus moving to portability is a bonus, but the reverse less so.The Wii had a USP that attracted people, now the Wii U has to come up with some way to utilise it's USP.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the Nintendo fanboys get a little taste of lacking sales eh?
This is rather troublesome for Nintendo. No real good games out for it yet, and rather stale experience overall (at least for me)
Once again though, time will tell.....

Reactions: chavosaur

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I still don't think it's valid. Do you think if games were here right now, it still will be the same? They had the games there at the beginning and it sold so much in such a small time.Don't all new consoles have that problem?
Well that's the thing. We can only speculate. The games just aren't here yet.

(I wasn't sure which part of the reply was answering what, so I may miss something)

Should we prepare for a Ps4 and Durango price cut since there are consoles behind it with a lot more games which you wouldn't even be able to simple carry over and most likely be much cheaper?
You missed my point pretty hard, especially with the last part.

If you take out the small amount of exclusive games for the WiiU, it's filled with ports of games never available on the Wii. While the games are new to the Wii-only people, the large consumer base with either a PS3 or Xbox360 is huge. Buying a new console to play pretty much the same games already going second hand for a few $10 for other platforms is kinda moot. The WiiU is in this retrospect a pimped up Wii with HD graphics. At the moment it offers about the same experience as the PS3 and Xbox360, since the tablet controller is used very conservatively. If the tablet was used more in an innovative or new way (compare Wii motion control vs traditional controllers), it would sell fantastically. As there isn't a real smash hit like Wii Sports that really takes the new feature to the new level, I can see the console struggling for quite a bit. So basically getting a PS3/360 for half the price of a WiiU is currently the better option since they still beat the exclusive market and have a larger database of new games for the Wii owners compared to the WiiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr