WiiU Access Code

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by cots, Aug 8, 2017.

1. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    So I had some people over and one of them wanted to play the WiiU. So I gave him the gamepad and let him go at it. The jerk set some sort of code (dunno if it's the parental code). I went to format the system and it wants a code. Is this the same as the parental code and if so or if not how the hell do I remove it?

2. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
  3. cots
    OP

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
  4. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Using a mobile device or PC/MAC, there should be a link starting with https:// posted by @jbuck1975. Go ahead and click that using a web browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet explorer. It should open a website much like the one you are browsing. That is how you use it.

Ha, in all seriousness, what exactly don't you understand? The instructions are right there on the link. What part do you not understand? Forget password the PIN after inputting the incorrect one a few times or click forgot password (don't have Wii U in front of me) and it'll pop out some 10 digits. Input that into the link. Enter that in Wii U.

or you know, maybe ask this random "jerk" what he input the password as or try 6969, 1111, 0000, 1234, 4321 etc. I don't honestly believe random people would enter a passcode like that, this seems more for people who genuinely forgot the password, was sold the console, the console was stolen, or for those kids who want to bypass the parental controls their parents set for them.

Post back here if you need further instruction. I'm sure someone may be able to go into more depth for you, or you can search the plethora of threads on here discussing this exact topic at hand using the search box function of this forum.

5. cots
    OP

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    It's asking for a "System Date". This is the part I don't understand. Is it the current date or a manufactures date? If it's the latter where do I find it? I also don't know where on the WiiU you would enter the number provided.

Last edited by cots, Aug 9, 2017
  6. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Try today's date. If that doesn't work try looking on the bottom of the Wii U next to the serial number for any type of date.
    process of elimination?

7. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Mine worked with todays date

8. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    If you format the Wii U isnt it normal for the wii u to ask for initial credentials like the current date, time, wifi settings, language, country etc?

Funny answer:
    You need to enter Hykem's Birthday. Just create a new thread and ask for him.
    There should be many nice people helping you.

Last edited by Chakratos, Aug 9, 2017
  9. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Make sure you do NOT have CBHC installed or a format will brick your system.

cots and driverdis like this.
  10. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    If he won't give you the code, he's not a real friend. That's an annoying and shitty thing to do. I'd tolerate it for all of one minute, and if the person refused to give the code, I'd cut them out of my life because if they fuck with you with something like that, imagine what they'd do with serious real-life things.