Mr.Mugiwara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Cyan ,all the games you played with SCPH1002 is working?
Because i used scph1001 with Xenogears and works very fine,but to save freezes the game.

PS:Sorry to my bad Language.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I also had a bad dump of Xenogears - fixed - me is happy!
Cyan, soz for not posting earlier - decided to upgrade my windows lol: re Star Ocean 2nd.... yep the menu is slightly off to the right for me too (not much, missing maybe 1 or 2 numbers/letters worth), and there's a couple of small glitches you're right... still, nothing drastic ehh, the game's still very playable!

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Disconnect your Gamecube controller if you have one connected at the same time, GC takes priority.
Or go to controller, set manually, and choose Wii controller for player1.

Actually what got it working was saving all my settings to the SD card. Also it's a Nintendo Classic Controller, before the Pro.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mr.Mugiwara said:
Cyan ,all the games you played with SCPH1002 is working?
Because i used scph1001 with Xenogears and works very fine,but to save freezes the game.For the moment, the games I tested are all working the same way on 1001 and 1002, except for Loaded.
I didn't test Xenogears with 1001 though. if you want I can try, maybe there's a difference too.

QUOTE(mightymuffy @ Jul 15 2010, 01:10 AM) Yeah I also had a bad dump of Xenogears - fixed - me is happy!
Cyan, soz for not posting earlier - decided to upgrade my windows lol: re Star Ocean 2nd.... yep the menu is slightly off to the right for me too (not much, missing maybe 1 or 2 numbers/letters worth), and there's a couple of small glitches you're right... still, nothing drastic ehh, the game's still very playable!
Thank you for that info
smile.gif

yeah, the game is very playable, it's not a big deal with the menu glitches.
just wanted to know if it was the PAL version issue only.

Note to beta testers editing the wiki :
Please, try a different bios (actually, try a bios !! 1000, 1001 or 1002). HLE bios is not working for a lot of games.
I tested both SaGa Frontier 1 and 2, they are working fine while they were set to "not working".
The error described was the one encountered when using HLE.

The only issue is the menu's sound for both, and the Battles out of V-synch for SaGa Frontier 2

I'm trying few games marked as non working, just to check by myself
tongue.gif

Valkyrie Profile is still not working
frown.gif

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
psx emulator is coming next week for my android phone......... I can't believe phone emulators are progressing faster than wii emulators
wink.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
kevenz said:
psx emulator is coming next week for my android phone......... I can't believe phone emulators are progressing faster than wii emulators
wink.gif

It's amazing what you can do when you have access to the official SDK instead of having to reverse-engineer the platform
wink.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
qwertymodo said:
kevenz said:
wink.gif

It's amazing what you can do when you have access to the official SDK instead of having to reverse-engineer the platform
wink.gif

not only, optimized emulators for ARM processors exist for a long a time, which make ports relativelly easier
generally, those ports (on iphone or android) all uses the same generic interface (using official SDK) interfaced with an existing emulation core (pcsx,picodrive,snes9x/pocketsnes,pocketnes... always the sames) with few modifications...

this does not stop devs to force people pay for these applications, because they know those are very popular platform and they are going to make a lot of easy money, even when they actually spent less time on these than our fellow wii devs

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Jacobeian said:
qwertymodo said:
kevenz said:
wink.gif

wink.gif

not only, optimized emulators for ARM processors exist for a long a time, which make ports relativelly easier
generally, those ports (on iphone or android) all uses the same generic interface (using official SDK) interfaced with an existing emulation core (pcsx,picodrive,snes9x/pocketsnes,pocketnes... always the sames) with few modifications...

this does not stop devs to force people pay for these applications, because they know those are very popular platform and they are going to make a lot of easy money, even when they actually spent less time on these than our fellow wii devs

well said

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a cHANNEL forwader going around the net , for the WIISX dol,
to let you know

i will uplaod it when i get home , someone made it ,

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,
Im using WiiSX 2.1 with USB mod, and I'm trying to play Diablo. At the "Press Start" screen, i try and press any and all buttons from the Wii remote, and a Gamecube controller. I have been playing around with Final Fantasy VIII, and I was able to press "start" fine on the Gamecube controller, using the Start button. Does anybody have any ideas? Please note that I was originally using the non-modded version, and had the same problem.

On another question, why are emulator developers hesitant to build in USB 2 support? Tantric is the only one that I know of that does, and it adds so much. I can watch the cut scenes now, without it being a slide show. Just curious.

Good work on this!

Thanks,
Gassy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gassy said:
Hi All,
Im using WiiSX 2.1 with USB mod, and I'm trying to play Diablo. At the "Press Start" screen, i try and press any and all buttons from the Wii remote, and a Gamecube controller. I have been playing around with Final Fantasy VIII, and I was able to press "start" fine on the Gamecube controller, using the Start button. Does anybody have any ideas? Please note that I was originally using the non-modded version, and had the same problem.

On another question, why are emulator developers hesitant to build in USB 2 support? Tantric is the only one that I know of that does, and it adds so much. I can watch the cut scenes now, without it being a slide show. Just curious.

Good work on this!

Thanks,
Gassy

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you're not using the BIOS? As previously mentioned, google scph1001.bin (if you haven't already got it), then in settings select to run bios from wherever you put it, and also to boot from bios...
That's without trying the game myself though! Even with the bios running I can't play Legend Of Mana.....:/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I would say he is using "analog pag" but Diablo was launched before the Analog PS1 pad existed, set your pad to "Standard".

About the USB2.0, they are waiting for a proper libOGC implementation of USB2.0 code instead of relying on cIOS.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mightymuffy said:
I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you're not using the BIOS? As previously mentioned, google scph1001.bin (if you haven't already got it), then in settings select to run bios from wherever you put it, and also to boot from bios...

Worked perfectly. Thanks Mighty Muffin and Cyan.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been looking around and i can't find a wiisx 2.0 or 2.1 channel.i want 2.0 because i read in the compatibility for marel vs capcom works better.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did a bit of retesting as of late after changing the names of some of the folders that hold my isos and making them shorter i have found that gran turismo 2 and star ocean the second story no longer code dump on me and run close to flawless

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
qwertymodo said:
I was so stoked when I heard about this that I made this:

Thanks to megazig for helping me learn the xml layout/animation syntax
biggrin.gif
so this one doesn't work?

i got that one today and when i open its stuck on loading wiisx don't know why.i know on hbc i have wiisx 2.1 it didn't work with that so i got 2.0 now i got both and it still doesn't work.i go to ask this do i need a wiisx in hbc for me to have this channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1