United States
fst312 said:
Bladexdsl said:
qwertymodo said:
I was so stoked when I heard about this that I made this:

Thanks to megazig for helping me learn the xml layout/animation syntax
biggrin.gif
so this one doesn't work?

i got that one today and when i open its stuck on loading wiisx don't know why.i know on hbc i have wiisx 2.1 it didn't work with that so i got 2.0 now i got both and it still doesn't work.i go to ask this do i need a wiisx in hbc for me to have this channel.

The channel is mine. I made it before beta 2 was released, so I wasn't able to test it before I released it (it worked fine with beta 1...). Unfortunately, the forwarder does not work with beta 2 (nor does any forwarder I have found). I've been asking around in IRC to see if I can work something out, but I don't fully understand the answers they've given me (i.e. I understand the problem, as well as the theoretical solution, but not how to actually code it...). Sorry
frown.gif
(I really want to get it working too or else I made that banner for nothing...)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
The channel is mine. I made it before beta 2 was released, so I wasn't able to test it before I released it (it worked fine with beta 1...). Unfortunately, the forwarder does not work with beta 2 (nor does any forwarder I have found). I've been asking around in IRC to see if I can work something out, but I don't fully understand the answers they've given me (i.e. I understand the problem, as well as the theoretical solution, but not how to actually code it...). Sorry
frown.gif
(I really want to get it working too or else I made that banner for nothing...)

Maybe if you post the answer you got from IRC someone could help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to compile beta2.1 sources with latest devkitppc_r21, but it seems I'm missing aesnd lib.
I googled it, but didn't find anything.

Can someone tell me where I can find the missing libs from the new makefile_Wii ?
Thank you

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
zantzue said:
My kingdom for a working forwarder boot.dol. I've tried Customizemii's forwarder boot.dol option (Comex's and Waninkoko's) and it didn't work for me. I tried Suloku's forwarder creator aswell...same result. I know WiiSx beta 2 is one of those troublesome apps that require a special forwarder. Has someone been able to make one? Thanks in advance.

I've been working on one for awhile now. Tried every forwarder base I could think of (djdynamite123/CustomizeMii Simple and Complex/USBLoader GX/WiiMC), as well as both Comex's and Waninkoko's NAND loader and even played around with the entrypoint addresses and nothing's working. I submitted an issue on the WiiSX googlecode page asking the WiiSX team if they would release one of their own, so that's probably our best bet at the moment.

My understanding of the HBC is that the home directory is passed into the program entrypoint on launch, and some of the developers use this value in the code. I haven't seen a forwarder channel that does this - Although I haven't tried in awhile, so I could be mistaken. Can someone check the source?

I can't think of any other reason why the HBC would run everything flawlessly, and the same programs are not "forwarder friendly".

Gassy

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Gassy said:
qwertymodo said:
zantzue said:
My kingdom for a working forwarder boot.dol. I've tried Customizemii's forwarder boot.dol option (Comex's and Waninkoko's) and it didn't work for me. I tried Suloku's forwarder creator aswell...same result. I know WiiSx beta 2 is one of those troublesome apps that require a special forwarder. Has someone been able to make one? Thanks in advance.

I've been working on one for awhile now. Tried every forwarder base I could think of (djdynamite123/CustomizeMii Simple and Complex/USBLoader GX/WiiMC), as well as both Comex's and Waninkoko's NAND loader and even played around with the entrypoint addresses and nothing's working. I submitted an issue on the WiiSX googlecode page asking the WiiSX team if they would release one of their own, so that's probably our best bet at the moment.

My understanding of the HBC is that the home directory is passed into the program entrypoint on launch, and some of the developers use this value in the code. I haven't seen a forwarder channel that does this - Although I haven't tried in awhile, so I could be mistaken. Can someone check the source?

I can't think of any other reason why the HBC would run everything flawlessly, and the same programs are not "forwarder friendly".

Gassy

No, that's not it. Almost all forwarders now set that properly. The issue is with memory addresses. Basically when the forwarder loads WiiSX into memory, WiiSX is larger than most programs and actually overwrites part of the forwarder in memory which just really screws things up. Think of it this way. If it were running on Windows instead of a Wii you'd probably get a BSOD
tongue.gif

The reason HBC works is because Team Twiizers know what they're doing and did a better job with their loader than any of the forwarders out there. Because it isn't an issue with most apps, people don't usually consider this when coding a forwarder.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
zantzue said:
djbubba2002 said:
There is a cHANNEL forwader going around the net , for the WIISX dol,
to let you know

i will uplaod it when i get home , someone made it ,
Still waiting...

He was talking about mine. It doesn't work with beta 2 sadly.

Let me just say this. There are NO forwarders that work with WiiSX beta 2. This isn't going to be as simple as Wii64 1.1 (even the forwarder that worked with Wii64 doesn't work with WiiSX). It is an issue of overlapping memory, and it isn't going to be fixed until someone with the knowledge and motivation to tailor-make a forwarder just for this one app goes and does it (I have the motivation, but unfortunately not the knowledge). You may as well stop complaining and stop asking when it's going to happen because it isn't going to be soon.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what about making it into a normal channel than? since it takes literally months for wiisx to be updated anyway it wouldn't matter if you had to uninstall old chans and put a new one in with new versions. could just make one out of the beta 2.1 usb 2.0 mod?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
qwertymodo said:
Let me just say this. There are NO forwarders that work with WiiSX beta 2. This isn't going to be as simple as Wii64 1.1 (even the forwarder that worked with Wii64 doesn't work with WiiSX). It is an issue of overlapping memory, and it isn't going to be fixed until someone with the knowledge and motivation to tailor-make a forwarder just for this one app goes and does it (I have the motivation, but unfortunately not the knowledge). You may as well stop complaining and stop asking when it's going to happen because it isn't going to be soon.

I presume its the same reason that nobodys been able to make any working forwarders for the latest mame, WiiUAE and the specky emu fuse too?

I gave up on channels a while back anyway and now just use bootmii to auto boot to hbc for even quicker access to my emu's.
smile.gif

B

Bladeforce

OP
MrTea said:
qwertymodo said:

I presume its the same reason that nobodys been able to make any working forwarders for the latest mame, WiiUAE and the specky emu fuse too?

I gave up on channels a while back anyway and now just use bootmii to auto boot to hbc for even quicker access to my emu's.
smile.gif

i have working mame, uae and dosbox forwarders so i dont know where you got this from

NewFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey eveyone, I've spent a good portion of my weekend trying to get this to work with minimal sucsess. I believe I have all the folders setup properly, my bios's in the bios folder and I've put games in the isos folder. I'm told the only file I really need to play a game is the bin file. Anyway, I think I must be getting bad roms because when I try to start something it goes through the initial sony startup screen and just code dumps. I'm only trying to get Parappa the Rapper, MTV's music generator and Twisted Metal working. Anyone have any suggestions or could pm me a site with legit roms that actually work. Thanks and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Cheers.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladeforce said:
MrTea said:
qwertymodo said:

smile.gif

i have working mame, uae and dosbox forwarders so i dont know where you got this from

I never mentioned dosbox? Just mame, uae and fuse?

and where did you get a wiiuae working forwarder because as far as I'm aware nobody has managed to create one that works?? I'd be very happy for you to prove me wrong though...

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
what about making it into a normal channel than? since it takes literally months for wiisx to be updated anyway it wouldn't matter if you had to uninstall old chans and put a new one in with new versions. could just make one out of the beta 2.1 usb 2.0 mod?

No luck there, it doesn't run from an embedded channel either (neither the official release nor the USB2.0 mod). It was the same with Wii64.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
everytime i load wiisx it won't load some of the settings i saved before like telling it to store saves etc on usb and video settings it always goes back to original settings even after i saved the settings?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging