PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to try, here is a experimental build with a "Force NTSC" option. It allows you to run PAL games at 60hz without any patches.

It seems to work alright. Some games will run faster than intended.

Awesome!! Now those poorly optimized ports like Tekken 3 can run at their correct speed

Perhaps a ridiculous request but would you consider porting the widescreen GTE hack used in various PSX emulators as well? It would look great on modern screens

Last edited by Disorarara,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it normal that everytime I update wiistation or try an experimental build like this latest force ntsc one (great work btw!!), my existing savestates get broken? I load my savestate, run the game and it crashes with DSI error.

Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it normal that everytime I update wiistation or try an experimental build like this latest force ntsc one (great work btw!!), my existing savestates get broken? I load my savestate, run the game and it crashes with DSI error.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems to me that the savestates broke after the correction from the notaz "unbreak some old savestates"

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems to me that the savestates broke after the correction from the notaz "unbreak some old savestates"
I was about to say that - seems this change didn't like to WiiStation. I'll try reverting it later.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed a very small problem in Tomb Raider 2 (USA version), it seems like audio tracks and the game itself run at slightly different speeds and the audio track "skips" or "bumps" a bit trying to catch up with the game, kind of like when you try to play a cd with too many scratches. It's especially noticeable on title screen because there's only music playing and no audio effects or voices.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I noticed a very small problem in Tomb Raider 2 (USA version), it seems like audio tracks and the game itself run at slightly different speeds and the audio track "skips" or "bumps" a bit trying to catch up with the game, kind of like when you try to play a cd with too many scratches. It's especially noticeable on title screen because there's only music playing and no audio effects or voices.

Tomb Raider I and II like @pedro702 said time ago, these have issues on ALL emulators, even on PS3 it doesn't react to any key press/command and even crashes randomly when trying to play.

Someone else time ago made some ass investigation, bugfix and enabling CDDA audio for these two games, so these work fine in PS3 and most emulators.
Link to these patches for TR1 and TR2 (all regions): https://web.archive.org/web/2022022...m/threads/tomb-raider-i-and-ii-patches.30348/

Reactions: klonoa

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tomb Raider I and II like @pedro702 said time ago, these have issues on ALL emulators, even on PS3 it doesn't react to any key press/command and even crashes randomly when trying to play.

Someone else time ago made some ass investigation, bugfix and enabling CDDA audio for these two games, so these work fine in PS3 and most emulators.
Link to these patches for TR1 and TR2 (all regions): https://web.archive.org/web/2022022...m/threads/tomb-raider-i-and-ii-patches.30348/
Oh I didn't know that. So with those patches they should work on Wiistation too?

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want to try, here is a experimental build with a "Force NTSC" option. It allows you to run PAL games at 60hz without any patches.

It seems to work alright. Some games will run faster than intended.
it's very good, but in Dino Crisis 2 it freezes at the FMV at the beginning, RE Directo's Cut it cuts out parts of the opening dialogues (Spanish translated version in the French version, it's not the dual Shock)

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's very good, but in Dino Crisis 2 it freezes at the FMV at the beginning, RE Directo's Cut it cuts out parts of the opening dialogues (Spanish translated version in the French version, it's not the dual Shock)
Dino Crisis 2 seems to be a bug with the recent cdrom code, not the Force NTSC mode. Any specifics for RE Directors Cut? The intro seems normal to me but I am not very familiar with the game.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dino Crisis 2 seems to be a bug with the recent cdrom code, not the Force NTSC mode. Any specifics for RE Directors Cut? The intro seems normal to me but I am not very familiar with the game.
the game and the fmv are normal, the dialogue I speak is the beginning, when Crhis, Jill and Wsker enter the mansion, the beginning of the dialogue cuts off and the lines are halfway through, but only the beginning there, then they become normal, I would advise introduce this NSTC mode in the normal version and then improve it

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the great work on this, I would love to test this build on my Wii U.
I do have one question though, hope someone can give me a correct answer:

I am using WiiSX RX on the Wii U with a forwarder. If I install this version with a forwarder as well, will it overwrite the other build?
I wish to use them next to each other, but it happened to me before that an other version overwrotethe the build that I have installed before.

• Love

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Earlier I said that WiiSX beta 4.0 could play Fear Effect 1 and 2, Lunar 1 and Koudelka, and they really play without problems, but it turns out that in WiiSX the CD change does not work.

I have also tried to combine Fear Effect 2 discs with PSX2PSP but it doesn't change discs automatically when you are asked to insert disc 2.

If you want to play these games on WiiSX you will have to use the combination kits:

https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104

As I said before in Wiistation Koudelka works fine with the pal version and dynarec and Lunar 1 only had the problem that the videos were seen with the colors altered and off-center. Fear Effect 1 and 2 have the problem of freezing in the cinematics, if you skip them they work fine.

Anyway, using WiiSX 4.0 is a throwback to the days where you couldn't edit your controls or change discs, and has made me appreciate all the improvements in user experience that have been added since then, especially in the latest versions of Wiistation.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great work on this, I would love to test this build on my Wii U.
I do have one question though, hope someone can give me a correct answer:

I am using WiiSX RX on the Wii U with a forwarder. If I install this version with a forwarder as well, will it overwrite the other build?
I wish to use them next to each other, but it happened to me before that an other version overwrotethe the build that I have installed before.

It depends if the fowarder has the same ID. This forwarded should be pointing to apps/wiistation, but you still need the wiisxrx folder at root of SD. If the ID is the same, it could overwrite the old forwarder

Reactions: L0w

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It depends if the fowarder has the same ID. This forwarded should be pointing to apps/wiistation, but you still need the wiisxrx folder at root of SD. If the ID is the same, it could overwrite the old forwarder
Thank you for your answer, this sounds obvious. Is there any way to find out what the title id is without installing it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc