WiiScrubber

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FamineMK, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008

WiiScrubber by FamineMK at 11:16 PM (639 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. FamineMK
    OP

Newcomer FamineMK Member

United States
    I'm aware of the benefits of using WiiScrubber, my question lies in the potential problems with using it on a 1:1 .iso. If I understand this correctly it changes the garbage data in a separate partition of the disk meant to fill the disk to the 4.7 gigs. Is there any potential loss of valuble data? Is this causing any of the read errors / green screens? If not, why isn't every .iso you see scrubbed?!?

2. nanika

Member nanika 文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。

United States
    If I recall correctly there can be cases of special purpose data hidden in the garbage, a lot of the first generation DS scrubbers would remove download play data by mistake, and I think that games like Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit could possibly be affected, I read that scrubbing removed their channels. As far as I know it doesn't cause any errors other than that loss of channels. As for why not, I think it's just that "1:1" releases are preferred by scene groups. It has partly been accepted, as Japanese group releases seem to have adopted scrubbing and now most Japanese .isos released are scrubbed.