WiiScrubber

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FamineMK, Dec 3, 2008.

1. FamineMK
    OP

FamineMK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2008
    United States
    I'm aware of the benefits of using WiiScrubber, my question lies in the potential problems with using it on a 1:1 .iso. If I understand this correctly it changes the garbage data in a separate partition of the disk meant to fill the disk to the 4.7 gigs. Is there any potential loss of valuble data? Is this causing any of the read errors / green screens? If not, why isn't every .iso you see scrubbed?!?

2. nanika

nanika 文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。

Apr 22, 2008
    United States
    If I recall correctly there can be cases of special purpose data hidden in the garbage, a lot of the first generation DS scrubbers would remove download play data by mistake, and I think that games like Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit could possibly be affected, I read that scrubbing removed their channels. As far as I know it doesn't cause any errors other than that loss of channels. As for why not, I think it's just that "1:1" releases are preferred by scene groups. It has partly been accepted, as Japanese group releases seem to have adopted scrubbing and now most Japanese .isos released are scrubbed.