WiiMotion Plus with optional support is any good?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Reploid, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010
  1. Reploid
    OP

Member Reploid GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    I heard that GhostSlayer for example is worthless without WM+, and Spongebob, on other hand uses this device just for one stupid minigame.
    Can you tell me more about this, what games with optional WM+ support really make something out of it?

2. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Best game with optional WM+ would be Tiger Woods 11, it is 100x better then without WM+. EA's Grand Slam Tennis also has optional WM+ and it does offer better control when with WM+, without WM+ it plays just like the very first Wii Sports Tennis mode (but with nunchuk support for user controlled movement). Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2 both require WM+, and both make great use of it.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Virtua Tennis is much better too.

Avatar makes it better but that game is still crappy.

4. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Motion Plus makes game that support it control much better. It is a good investment.

5. Reploid
    OP

Russia
    Allright, Thank you. But now I have a decision: what tennis game should I chose? Virtua or Grand Slam? Or maybe even table tennis in SportsResort will do fine?

6. DjFIL

Canada
    Only table tennis in Wii Sports Resort. It is fun... but a limited game. For the best full tennis experience, I'd play Grand Slam Tennis. I liked how you could play it with or without nunchuck; option where the game will control movement for you, you just time and aim swings. And the career mode of Grand Slam was really good, lots of game modes. Also only game to have the official 4 grand slams (australian, wimbledon, french & us) in one place. Unless the 'cartoon' look that EA's been using on some of their Wii games isn't your style, that may be the only thing considered as a downside by some.

7. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    And you all said that adding the "required" (that was changed to "suggested" on the wiki) was bullshit.

8. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Red Steel 2 FTW [​IMG]

Seriously... play it.

9. Reploid
    OP

Russia
    Honestly Im too thought that optional support wont do any good.

10. tiite

Newcomer tiite Member

United Kingdom
    Virtua Tennis

[​IMG]

11. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I prefer Grand Slam too.

12. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Grand Slam 10 times bettre control than virtual..

13. GhostHawk666

Newcomer GhostHawk666 Member

United States

I'll have to disagree with you about Tiger Woods 2011. The WM+ makes this series much better in my opinion. The game is harder to play as a top level golfer, but as long as everyone uses it for a while you get much better over time. It has saved me more times than I can think of when my stance is off angle to level ground like at a deep sand trap and I can rotate the club face at a radical strike angle. Without it, your shot will fire off to one side no matter how much you over compensate to the other direction. A real shot saver the Motion Plus is.

Playing the older versions (without WM+) is too much like an arcade game. No experience or skill needed. Holes-in-one almost every game! Who needs that.

14. DjFIL

Canada
    That is what i said... maybe word order was confusing... but I said with WM+ it makes TW2011 100x better then if you play it without.