WiiMote will not connect to PC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IAMYourReason, Aug 9, 2009.

Aug 9, 2009
  1. IAMYourReason
    OP

Newcomer IAMYourReason Newbie

United States
    I have an IOGear Bluetooth USB 2.1 Micro Adapter Model GBU421, and the drivers are pants, and according to WiiLi.org, I should use the microsoft stack anyway. So I press add new device and hold down the 1 & 2 buttons, and NOTHING. Nothing at all happens. I got it to see the wiimote the earlier today, but couldn't connect it to dolphin(I did have use and connect real wiimote checked). So I restarted, and now its not being shown under the bluetooth devices section, and cant be discovered either, i do have fresh batteries in.

I also tried BlueSoleil 6, and it seems to not be able to recognize the dongle, and I did tell it that it was USB. When I double click the orange circle, it says, "Cannot start bluetooth. Bluetooth hardware is not found."

Any help appreciated,

-Reason

EDIT:

Forgot my OS [​IMG]

Vista Ultimate 32bit

2. pembo

Member pembo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    never tried this, but I always assumed you'd have to press the sync button on the wiimote first before trying to add a device?

3. IAMYourReason
    OP

United States
    I tried the sync button too [​IMG]

4. IzzehO

Member IzzehO GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hmm very odd. You say it was working earlier? Perhaps a setting you have changing in your bluetooth since then? Are you sure your connecting to it right and it has finished pairing before you let go of 1 and 2?

5. IAMYourReason
    OP

United States
    Quote wasnt working... Thats the thing, it wont pair. And i installed the widcomm drivers, then reverted to the MS stack. Because thats what WiiLi said it worked with.

6. IAMYourReason
    OP

United States
    Any thoughts? I'm running out of ideas.

1. I come home with my stuff, sensor bar, etc, panning on using the wiimote in dolphin.
    2. I plug in the Dongle, without installing the drivers, Microsoft does that for me.
    3. I pair the wiimote with the computer (I thought), It was listed in devices.

Restart

4. I try the wiimote in dolpin, not working.
    5. I install the widcomm drivers.

Restart

6. They did NOTHING, they found the wiimote, but forced me to enter a passkey, and I did try a four digit number (1234) as suggested in the manual.
    7. I uninstalled the widcomm drivers via ccleaner.

Restart

8. Microsoft re-installed the Microsoft bluetooth software, but this time, fails to even locate the wiimote, and does not list it in the devices list.
    9. Installed BlueSoleil

Restart

10. It fails to even recognize the dongle as existing, and gives the message posted above.
    11. I tinker, and eventually post here unsuccessful [​IMG]

7. IAMYourReason
    OP

United States
    Okay, I got it working, except for dolphin. I completely uninstalled the drivers, took the dongle out, restarted, then reinstalled the MS drivers. It finds the remote, connects to it, then... I open up dolphin. I click the wiimote button and it rumbles, then shows that its player 1, but when I start SMG, the light goes out, and it says:

" Connections with [Wiimote] have been interrupted.
    Please press [A] on [Wiimote] without touching the
    control stick on [Nunchuck] "

Note that if i close Dolphin, it still has the P1 light on.
    Also note that when i paired it, Microsoft installed some drivers, Bluetooth HID device.

EDIT: Both Builds 3661 and 2195 fail at this. 2195 will not even load my SMG iso.