Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Today I have released my new custom track distribution: Wiimms Mario Kart Fun 2012-01
I'm not author of the tracks, I only collected them to create this distribution. The advantage of a distribution are online meetings: All players use the same track base.

It is released as ISO Patcher (including a Riivolution generator). The patcher is based on my ISO and SZS tools.
  • NTSC and PAL versions of Mario Kart Wii supported.
  • Japan version should also work (never tested).
  • The patcher runs on Linux, Mac and Windows.
  • English and german text substitutions.
  • 32 custom tracks and 10 custom battle arenas.
  • Texture hacks of 30 driver & vehicle combinations.
  • For "online versus" region is set to 113.
For details see: Wiimms Mario Kart Fun 2012-01 (Custom Track Wiiki)

* Download: mkw-fun-2012-01.7z (63 MB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MXdqYfbPgE

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the courses which are available, I'd say this is better than the previous distribution without the exception of SNES Rainbow Road boost, as the original would of been better. Although... it would be funny to see the amounts of times, I fall off the side though.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Ohhh I love those N64 courses. Are all included or just some of them?
And, does the maps work offline too or is the AI too stupid to comprehend the magnificence of N64 courses? :P

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
If all N64/GCN/GBA/DS/SNES of the original available, then I will make a special distribution. For 2 consoles only 1 track is missed.

About SNES Rainbow Road boost:
We have tested all 3 variants that I own for boost and found, that this Teknik variant is the best.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all

Wiimm Thanks for all of the hard work that You have put in to this.The Tracks look really nice.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About SNES Rainbow Road boost:
We have tested all 3 variants that I own for boost and found, that this Teknik variant is the best.
To be honest... I'm not really fond of the boost courses, as I prefer the originals.

Wiimm, have you ever thought of doing a Mario Kart DS distribution pack?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I will produce pure
* GBA
* DS
* SNES
* N64
* GCN
distributions at that moment, when they are complete.

And about boost:
Since "Digitally Enhanced" our group like boost tracks. Therefor every of the distributions contains 1 boost track. And we play twice the week online and sometimes the room is full, and that is the fun of and the reason for my distributions. And the track selection is done by this group.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will produce pure
* GBA
* DS
* SNES
* N64
* GCN
distributions at that moment, when they are complete.
I actually meant a distribution pack for Mario Kart DS which includes much of the same, just like the distribution packs for Mario Kart Wii.

Will there be any ported Mario Kart 7 courses at some point?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it maybe a bit early but would it be possible to add Mario Kart 3DS tracks? Obviously certain tracks would have to be altered to a degree (tracks on 3DS where you fly etc) but it should be possible. ?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
@[member='LWares87']
perhaps anyone do it for DS, but I haven't any interest or knowledge in this.

@[member='ploggy']
Generally it is possible to build the 3DS tracks, as long as the Wii simulator(*) support this features. Flying is not supported and may be emulated by invisible roads.

Simulator(*): The whole race is a simulation controlled by the track geometry and the user input.

siromezm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
after i patched a jpn versions of mkf 2012-01, i found the bgm of "8.1 N64 Frappe Snowland RC1.2" stopped at about 0:30.

is there only me got this question?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
@[member='chaosdarkneo']
Offline is possible. There is only one problem if playing on split screen with enabled CPUs: Slow motion effects on some tracks.

@[member='siromezm']
I had never a chance to test the japan version, but I have got some positive messages for previous distributions that it work. Please call the verify script to check your original image.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems with the last jump on Unnamed Valley. No matter how many times I try to jump it, I always end up down the hole. That course seriously either needs fixing or has got to go!

Also with N64 Rainbow Road ~Lunar~ after the 1st lap, it jumps laps and then the race is end instantly. What the hell? :/

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
You must use a trick at the ramp. And that is a problem for the computer enemies too.

btw:
Unnamed Valley was only a test track for the author. But our group like this track very much because of the shortness and the high "Schubsfaktor" (german, means push factor).

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You must use a trick at the ramp. And that is a problem for the computer enemies too.
How do you execute a trick? I doubt there would be a way to do it using a NGC controller.

I realised last night that I didn't need to start over with my separate save file.

Edit: I found out about how to perform tricks. I just need to learn, how to time and execute one properly.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like I said before in the previous thread, are you going to include the original or rearranged music for the ported courses in newer distributions?

Edit: For those having problems with music tracks suddenly stopping for certain courses during gameplay, download Mario Kart Wii BRSAR Patcher and follow the tutorial below, which was copied from Custom Mario Kart:

So, if you tested your songs in-game, you might have noticed that they cut off at 5 seconds or less.

Why did this happen??

You copied your BRSTMs into your "disc image", yes, that's correct; but there's another file inside MKWii's ISO, called revo_kart.brsar.

This file is the file which governs the loop points and maximum size for all the BRSTM files in the game. It also has the sounds contained within it, like character's voices, kart/bike sound effects, menu's sounds, drifting sounds, star power music, etc. Unfortunately, all this sounds can only be edited through hex.

This is the reason your songs cut off, your BRSTMs don't fit into original ones, they are bigger.

In here, you have two options: Make a shorter song (this means a very short song), or use the BRSAR Size Patcher to make your songs fit:

*You need revo_kart.brsar for this. You can find it inside ISO:Partition1\sound\revo_kart.brsar
  • Now open BRSAR SP.
  • 1. Load your revo_kart.brsar by clicking Load BRSAR
  • 2. After you loaded it, load just one BRSTM.
  • 3. Select your track's song ID.
  • Remember, _n for first laps and _f for final lap.
  • 4. Click on Patch New Size
  • Your revo_kart.brsar now has a new maximum size, your song will not cut off anymore.
  • Repeat steps 2 - 4 if you have to patch multiple songs.
You don't have to click any Save button, the changes you do will be automatically saved.

Edit2: Wiimm, just a small suggestion... switch around NGC Baby Park and NGC Yoshi's Circuit for the next distribution (if they will be included), as the first course of the mushroom cup shares the same music track with the first course of the flower cup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-