Wiimednafen

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MatioMania, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MatioMania
    OP

MatioMania GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2011
    United States
    How can I save Control Config in wiimednafen?

I mosty using my SNES Controller - But I'm getting an error every time I try to Save

In the Control Setting, Display Setting

Main Buttons are Y and B on the SNES - II, I, Select on the TG side in wiimednafen

So II is Y I is B Select is A

Hit Save Setting - "An error occurred saving cart setting"

2. B.B.Link

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    Are you playing from a sd card or USB?

Do you have a folder in the root called wiimednafen?

3. MatioMania
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    United States
    SD Card - I forgot to add that..I play every Emu on SD

and Yep SD/wiimednafen/wiimednafen.conf

4. MatioMania
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    United States
    Like no one want's to help me out on this, I just wanna know why it isn't saving my controls

5. B.B.Link

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    I really don't know. If all your folders are in order and you pressed save settings, it should save in the sav folder. Are you running it from the Homebrew menu or a Custom Channel? I'm not an expert at Homebrew so I can only give you what I know.

6. Duckuss_Maxximo

Duckuss_Maxximo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    You say you're using an SNES controller? That could be the problem. I don't know for sure. I know they make SNES controllers for Wii but it could be a compatibility issue with Mednafen. I myself use Mednafen as it encompasses many different emulators and it's an effective solution as opposed to having my different emulators on my Wii but I've never really tried saving a controller profile.

7. vEN2

vEN2 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Afghanistan
    Up this. I have same trouble, but i use WM+NC and from USB drive. I dont know why this trouble happens, savestates and SRAM works nice..

Maybe if nobody knows how to fix this problem can write/send game config of any game? Maybe it will be possible to put this in folder (which folder?) and test - maybe it can loads configs...

Last edited by vEN2, Feb 12, 2016