OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I recently installed the latest WiiMC- version 1.06 I believe and also installed the official forwarder (v1.2)

However, pressing the Home button doesn't seem to have any effect when attempting to exit WiiMC.
If I start it and press Home before doing anything, I return to the Wii menu.

But after playing a song or video, there's no functionality.
I've set the exit function to return to the Wii system menu.

Any solutions for this? :\

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, hitting the Home button when playing a video to return to the list of videos results in a freeze..
EDIT2: When playing a video, the both the Wiimote pointer and the 1 button don't bring up the onscreen display as it says on http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMC

erikspyder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reinstall DVDx 2 from HackMii Installer v0.6 (http://bootmii.org) to resolve this issue. I had the same problem after installing HackMii Installer v0.7b because HackMii Installer uninstall DVDx.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
erikspyder said:
Reinstall DVDx 2 from HackMii Installer v0.6 (http://bootmii.org) to resolve this issue. I had the same problem after installing HackMii Installer v0.7b because HackMii Installer uninstall DVDx.
Why 0.6?
If I already have the 0.7b installer, couldn't I just (quote):
QUOTEThis runs the Hackmii installer which you should now use to install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as IOS and boot2 if possible.
?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just downloaded v0.6, Installed "DVDx" (no '2' so I figured it was it), but the problem still persists.

Home during a video freezes, and not in a video has no function at all.

EDIT: Kind of irrelevant, but I noticed that when I try to "Launch Bootmii" from HBC, I just get a black screen with the Wii disc light flashing on and off- forcing me to hold the power button till it shuts off. It worked before during the whole NAND backup process while softmodding, but now it doesn't even load.
Not that I need to access it now, but just in case.

EDIT2: Fixed the EDIT error, just reinstalled Bootmii.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gah, I guess I've no hope but to wait for an update that addresses this issue.
ohnoes.png

muaddib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having the exact same problem... and waiting for the fix.

While this bug is not fixed I'm using MplayerCE v0.77 r590... very good and stable version.

hyhfct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same problem, but only with videos, they freeze when the menu thing doesn't appear. You know, to exit WiiMC, I think that somewhere on the screen, in the upper-right corner, there's a 'Settings' button. Click on it, and there might be a General Settings or something, then there, you can select how to exit WiiMC. Just change the Auto to Return to Wii Menu, something like that. I'm gonna check it.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hyhfct said:
Same problem, but only with videos, they freeze when the menu thing doesn't appear. You know, to exit WiiMC, I think that somewhere on the screen, in the upper-right corner, there's a 'Settings' button. Click on it, and there might be a General Settings or something, then there, you can select how to exit WiiMC. Just change the Auto to Return to Wii Menu, something like that. I'm gonna check it.
I tested all those. For me, all of them don't lead to any change- the menu button is still useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy