wiikey weirdness

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by smulz, Apr 5, 2007.

Apr 5, 2007

wiikey weirdness by smulz at 4:02 AM (1,164 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. smulz
    OP

Newcomer smulz Newbie

United States
    Installed my wiikey today. Everything looks good solder-wise, I loaded up the update disk and the update seemed to go fine for the wiikey firmware. It plays original wii games just fine.

Then I tried a burnt copy of warioware that I downloaded. It read the disk fine from the wii menu, showed warioware and played wario's voice. When I tried to run it, just a black screen. Any ideas? Bad image of warioware? Any input will be appreciated

2. brian007

Newcomer brian007 Member

United States
    Are you on an NTSC or PAL system? Is the game NTSC or PAL? If the game is PAL it will not work on an NTSC system, and vice versa.

3. alucard77

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Two things:

a- Try different media
    b- Backup your save games and your Mii's and format the Wii. This should fix this issue. But do a first. I had this issue but only when switching games, not with my first game like you are.

Hope this helps.

4. smulz
    OP

Newcomer smulz Newbie

United States
    Cool, thank you. I'll try a new media.

But is it generally assumed if I can run the wiikey update program... the install is good?

5. bluebright

Member bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I don't know how formating the Wii would help in anyway. Just check the region and double check that your not using cheap media.

6. KKajun

Newcomer KKajun Advanced Member

Canada
    I bet your install is fine, the PAL version of Warioware does the same thing for me, NTSC version works fine.

WarioWare_Smooth_ Moves_USA_Wii-QwiiF - perfect
    WarioWare_Smooth_Moves_WII_Pal-PI - black screen after boot

7. Burt0

Member Burt0 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah dude your chip is installed correctly if you can boot the setup disc.

Like the guys already said, make sure you're using a backup that's the same region as your Wii.

The media you're using shouldn't be a problem if you can boot the setup disc with it. But it wouldn't hurt to try another type if you know you have the right release of WarioWare. Did you set the drive to 6x ? That may help.

8. xeorix

Newcomer xeorix Member

Sweden
    I can use the setupdisk burnt on a noname DVD, but can't play games on the same media, so it is not a guarantee that the media work even if the setupdisk starts.

9. Sonic_Crash [NL]

Newcomer Sonic_Crash [NL] Member

Netherlands
    Buy better media.
    gc games (setup disk is in gamecube mode) wil run on cheap media, but wii games will not run so easily and or more picky.

10. alucard77

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am not sure why it would either, but it did for me. I had the same problem when I switched from game to game. Someone said to format the Wii. I did, and that problem went away. So not sure why, I just know it works.

In my case the game would play right the first time around though. It was only when I swapped to another game that it did not work.