Hacking wiikey weirdness

smulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed my wiikey today. Everything looks good solder-wise, I loaded up the update disk and the update seemed to go fine for the wiikey firmware. It plays original wii games just fine.

Then I tried a burnt copy of warioware that I downloaded. It read the disk fine from the wii menu, showed warioware and played wario's voice. When I tried to run it, just a black screen. Any ideas? Bad image of warioware? Any input will be appreciated

brian007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on an NTSC or PAL system? Is the game NTSC or PAL? If the game is PAL it will not work on an NTSC system, and vice versa.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things:

a- Try different media
b- Backup your save games and your Mii's and format the Wii. This should fix this issue. But do a first. I had this issue but only when switching games, not with my first game like you are.

Hope this helps.

smulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thank you. I'll try a new media.

But is it generally assumed if I can run the wiikey update program... the install is good?

KKajun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I bet your install is fine, the PAL version of Warioware does the same thing for me, NTSC version works fine.

WarioWare_Smooth_ Moves_USA_Wii-QwiiF - perfect
WarioWare_Smooth_Moves_WII_Pal-PI - black screen after boot

Burt0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cool, thank you. I'll try a new media.

But is it generally assumed if I can run the wiikey update program... the install is good?

Yeah dude your chip is installed correctly if you can boot the setup disc.

Like the guys already said, make sure you're using a backup that's the same region as your Wii.

The media you're using shouldn't be a problem if you can boot the setup disc with it. But it wouldn't hurt to try another type if you know you have the right release of WarioWare. Did you set the drive to 6x ? That may help.

xeorix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can use the setupdisk burnt on a noname DVD, but can't play games on the same media, so it is not a guarantee that the media work even if the setupdisk starts.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how formating the Wii would help in anyway. Just check the region and double check that your not using cheap media.

I am not sure why it would either, but it did for me. I had the same problem when I switched from game to game. Someone said to format the Wii. I did, and that problem went away. So not sure why, I just know it works.

In my case the game would play right the first time around though. It was only when I swapped to another game that it did not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1