Hacking Wiikey v1 1.99 4.3E SMG2 help appriciated.

egart91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I recently bought an old wii from a friend it has the WiiKey v1 in it with the recent 1.99 firmware, i also updated the wii menues to version 4.3E, It plays all games i've tried so far(Zelda:TP,Redsteel,mariokart,marioparty,papermario,) But it dosent seem to run Super mario galaxy 1 or 2, when i start the first one i get past the instructions to strap on my wii more and then a blue rectangle appers that tells me there is an disc read error, and with the second game(smg2) i get past creating my save file and choosing the icon for the save then when i press play i get a black picture and after about 20 sec i get the same message as on the first game but with a grey colored rectangle insted of blue.
I've tried cleaing my lens and i've burnt 5 copies with 2 different iso files, i've also been reading around and people with the same setup as me can run the game fine. Any help is appriciated, Sorry for my bad grammar.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure about this but I think older modchips don't work with some newer games. You should switch to usb loading its the best way.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
egart91 said:
Okey, i just ordered a 1tb western digital Elements for just that reason, any good guides out there?

Look, I also have an old Wiikey installed in my Wii, and since the 1.99g update that was released just to play Mario Galxy, I've been able to play just about anything.
Even tricky games, difficult to work with USB loaders ( Metroid collection, Metroid other M etc. ) or DVD9 games, they ALL work fine.
There are different updates out there, I don' t quite remember ( it's been a while ) but you have to pay attention to the lats letter ( e.g 1.99g, 1.99s etc. ), I really can't remember mines.
Other then that, since you bought an external HDD, I'd recommend you to use the excellent CFG USB Loader.
It's the best thing that happend to my Wii !

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.