Hacking Wiikey Update finally released

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get it
is the old wiikey setup disc supposed to work after applying the update? bc it doesnt work for me

kingmathyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is going to be a new setup disc released too. I hope we don't have to wait months for that too haha.
I'm sure it will be out soon.

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm
setup disc didnt work for me at all
but i tried a GC game that was not working prior to the update (ikaruga) and now it plays fine

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
once the update is complete, it should automatically reset the wii for you without you having to do anything like pressing standby. i did the update and tested 2 games: naruto clash of ninja 2 and bloody roar, both work fine and the audiofix for me is resolved so far.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hm.. I tried the update and now my foreign cube games don't seem to work. Everything else seems to be fine, wii originals, backups, original cube games..Strange

lol i have the same problem here after updating, the only explanation for it is the region override needs to be turned on, before i never bothered with it but now they have fixed it, we will need to turn it on with the setup disc, the NTSC games boot fine when i use a freeloader but not when i put then in directly, all my PAL games boot fine so it's definitely because the region override needs to be turned on, i'm in no rush to do so now but i will turn it on when the setup 1.3 disc arrives (if it ever does that is)

QUOTEonce the update is complete, it should automatically reset the wii for you without you having to do anything like pressing standby. i did the update and tested 2 games: naruto clash of ninja 2 and bloody roar, both work fine and the audiofix for me is resolved so far.

yeah i wondered what you had to do when the update was finished it reset itself, i really hope the setup 1.3 disc works properly and it comes soon, for now i just use my freeloader but some people don't have that option if they updated to 3.0.

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hm.. I tried the update and now my foreign cube games don't seem to work. Everything else seems to be fine, wii originals, backups, original cube games..Strange

hmmm, are you on firmware 3.0? are the gamecube backups on multidisc?

I'm on firmware 3.0. I've got an original wiikey, the cube games are not on a multidisc.
I've tried several options with the setup disks, but I think I'll just have to stick with GCOS, or wait for the mentioned wiikey 1.3 setup disc.

bomma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You could also use the 1.2 settings disc.
It's working again!

[/quote]
lol i have the same problem here after updating, the only explanation for it is the region override needs to be turned on, before i never bothered with it but now they have fixed it, we will need to turn it on with the setup disc, the NTSC games boot fine when i use a freeloader but not when i put then in directly, all my PAL games boot fine so it's definitely because the region override needs to be turned on, i'm in no rush to do so now but i will turn it on when the setup 1.3 disc arrives (if it ever does that is)

[/quote]

S

Solidstate

I take it you've seen this on the official website

[08-09-03] Wiikey update 1.9b

A leaked version of the wiikey firmware update is available on several websites. While the leaked firmware is indeed working and has all of the announced features, it does not come with the configuration and recovery discs. A full version will be available from wiikey.cn very soon.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You could also use the 1.2 settings disc.
It's working again!

so using the 1.2 setup disc makes the american games work again?

oh and look what was announced on the wiikey website...

QUOTE[08-09-03] Wiikey update 1.9b
A leaked version of the wiikey firmware update is available on several websites. While the leaked firmware is indeed working and has all of the announced features, it does not come with the configuration and recovery discs. A full version will be available from wiikey.cn very soon

lol the bastards had no intention of releasing a firmware update anytime soon, kudos to the person who leaked the firmware, the wiikey team can stick it where the sun don't shine for i care! we have what we want now without waiting for them!

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Whoa.

Now, how long till open source ATMEGA chips will copy the Audiofix code?
tongue.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I take it you've seen this on the official website

[08-09-03] Wiikey update 1.9b

A leaked version of the wiikey firmware update is available on several websites. While the leaked firmware is indeed working and has all of the announced features, it does not come with the configuration and recovery discs. A full version will be available from wiikey.cn very soon.

i suspected that it might have been leaked, they probably did wiikey a favour by releasing it. the config a recovery discs are separate from the firmware update so they're basically saying "we have a package with three isos" instead of the one iso leaked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.