Hacking Wiikey Update 1.9s

assassincy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A few questions from a newbie.

If i haven't updated my Wii or Wiikey before, is it okay to go straight for the 1.9s update and leave my Wii un-updated?

And what is this disc dumper that some ppl were talking about in the thread?

So with this update, untouched SMG and SSBB are supposed to work on my un-updated Jap Wii?

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
assassincy said:

If i haven't updated my Wii or Wiikey before, is it okay to go straight for the 1.9s update and leave my Wii un-updated?

So with this update, untouched SMG and SSBB are supposed to work on my un-updated Jap Wii?

Try and see.. by right it should work. If you are afraid, update to 1.9g before going to 1.9s.

Anyway, I didn't see any warning that we must have 1.9g before updating to 1.9s.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
bubbleboy said:
Because it got leaked? By Ozmodchips?

I don't believe OzModchips would ever leak something he was asked not to, from what I've seen of his posts and occasional rants about less-reputable retailers.

Yeah he seems OK, apart from trashing the wiiclip fervently then praising it a few days later
rolleyes.gif

It was his removed links to the update/config discs on this forum that made me wonder if he didnt get an email asking him to remove them.. but there's dozens of beta testers out there, at least he complied!

So is this version floating around the final version?

Kindred

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
assassincy said:

QUOTEWiiKey Update 1.9s

This is a cumulative update for wiikey, fixing a few bugs and adding some new features.

The words cumulative update say to me that you should be update all the way. Of course they could be lying.

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serabii said:
QUOTE said:
The Wiikey Team has done an early release of update version 1.9s after "beta testers" leaked information to other sites after being asked not to. This will likely be the last update for the chip.

yeah basically some of the beta testers are to blame... It's virtually ok to play brawl on back-up but no some a-hole wants to be the first or something to leak the update. Yes I know because they bought the retail brawl (just like me) but atleast have patients to wait for the real update...

I just hope this is just a rumor or a sick joke from the wiikey team...

You are a sheep mate. Get a brain and stop believing everything you read
Why would leeking information about an update make the wiikey team never release an update again? There is no fucking logic behind that!

I have an email in my inbox encouraging me to let people know that that we have a BETA and to let people know what to expect.

If you have a brain ponder this.

Wiinewz = exclusive wiikey news website
wiikey retailers getting beta chips, updates, and config discs before wiinewz

Wiinewz = happy or angry

You figure it out.

Nuja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the audiofix is broken...
even with dev mode OFF, i tried it with waverace bluestorm.

I guess i'll go back to 1.9g as 1.9s gave me nothing new.

mattw0123

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys im having some issues, i have a aus wii, with a wii key on the 3.2au firmware.

i have upgraded it to 1.9s running a us copy of brawl i got at gametraders.

ive put the wii in 50htz mode, changed that setting on brawl to make the graphics smooth, and the menus run fine but in game and on cut screens it runs really slow, the audio stutters in the cut scenes and the game plays as if its in matrix slow mo mode.

any ideas?

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kindred said:
assassincy said:

QUOTEWiiKey Update 1.9s

This is a cumulative update for wiikey, fixing a few bugs and adding some new features.

The words cumulative update say to me that you should be update all the way. Of course they could be lying.
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

I'll wait a few days before update my Wii, give us feedback people! LOL

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattw0123 said:
hey guys im having some issues, i have a aus wii, with a wii key on the 3.2au firmware.

ive put the wii in 50htz mode, changed that setting on brawl to make the graphics smooth, and the menus run fine but in game and on cut screens it runs really slow, the audio stutters in the cut scenes and the game plays as if its in matrix slow mo mode.

any ideas?

Change it to 60HZ now because you've done deflick off.

zanysmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FoulPlay said:
mattw0123 said:

any ideas?

Change it to 60HZ now because you've done deflick off.

Yes, I got the same here in 50Hz. I had to launch the game (first time) in 50Hz to turn deflicker off in the game options, (reboot) and switched to 60Hz from the Wii options in order to get this resolved ... finally, launched it once again
Btw, using 60Hz you don't get strange greenlines / image cut and the game won't crash with a weird loudy sound.
At least this is what's happening with a PAL Wii 3.2e (no IOS37) , hope it helps.

lucifer69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nuja said:
no news about the broken audiofix ?
When you load up the WII-KEY config disc dev mode will be listed as turned off. This does not mean that it is turned off in the chips firmware. Save the current settings, even if you don't change anything. If you do that the audio fix should work fine. I have upgraded to 1.9s and Ikrauga, and Eternal Darkness are both running great.

Nuja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lucifer69 said:
Nuja said:
no news about the broken audiofix ?
When you load up the WII-KEY config disc dev mode will be listed as turned off. This does not mean that it is turned off in the chips firmware. Save the current settings, even if you don't change anything. If you do that the audio fix should work fine. I have upgraded to 1.9s and Ikrauga, and Eternal Darkness are both running great.

I did what you told me, and audiofix is still broken. I try the audiofix with waverace bluestorm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here