WiiKey update 1.9g released

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's good news to see that this new protection is easy to bypass. One by one all the chips get updates.
I'm still waiting for a YAOSM update, but I'm sure it'll be out before the game is released here in europe.

tehcid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, question for PAL users who have SMG working:

Who has done the Metroid withdraw trick and hasn't had to do it with SMG?

skaarj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I used the Metroid withdraw trick, playing with BRICKBLOCKED version now, you all none-belivers
smile.gif

No semi brick, no full update, no dupe channels, everything working.

BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 3.1E, BECAUSE IF NOT, I BELIVE IT WILL SEMI BRICK!

tehcid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I used the Metroid withdraw trick, playing with BRICKBLOCKED version now, you all none-belivers
smile.gif

No semi brick, no full update, no dupe channels, everything working.

BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 3.1E, BECAUSE IF NOT, I BELIVE IT WILL SEMI BRICK!

Hmm, I'll rephrase:

Who used the original withdraw trick on Metroid, and hasn't used that same trick on SMG, and has it working? (PAL)

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Just writing to confirm that this does work with 1.9g Wiikey PAL.

Simply burn the smg.iso without modifying it. Put it in the Wii, then update and then play.

Cheers!
happy.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heres how to get the update to work (Not updated myself yet but it will be no different than last time).

Make sure your on the latest firmware 3.1 so you don't brick the wii if your a PAL user. Burn the right image for you wii region using IMGBURN onto a DVD.

It takes a while for IMGBURN to finalise. Then just pop the DVD in the wii and wait for it to update.

If you have a PAL console and don't want duplicate channels check the posts above. I'm waiting for the PAL version of the game. Its not long to wait now.

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so for my ntsc-u wii w/ wiikey it doesn't really matter wheter I have the 3.1 firmware or not, I just have to do the 1.9g wiik update, right?
wrong? xP

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never updated my Wiikey before. How do I do it? I read somewhere that with the Wii 3.0 firmware Wiikey can no longer be updated with a DVD, true?

to answer your question, i decided i'd give it a shot myself.

before i begin, never updated my wiikey, never used the wiikey config discs.. nothing.... so it was original firmware, and my wii was (still is) version 2.2U. i just installed wiikey 1.9g without a hitch.

don't worry if you don't have a gamecube controller, it lets you press reset instead of the A button. but anyway back to the how do i do it question of yours.

download the upgrade 1.9g from the wiikey site and then extract whichever region your wii is. either JAP PAL or US, its in the filename, pretty obvious too. then open up nero (this is assuming your using nero, because for lack of a better term... i'm an ass) and go to Recorder> Burn Image ... a new window will pop up make sure you select "DVD Image" it'll default to a CD image due to size, but select DVD image for sure. then just burn it and throw it in your wii
smile.gif

hope this helps, and if someone else already answered you (this post kinda blew up in the time it took me to do all this) i appologize for the wasted webspace to gbatemp
smile.gif

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Add me to the list of people with Wiikeys that work with SMG! NTSC-U Wii, Firmware 3.1, Wiikey 1.9g. Update went like a charm, rebooted, popped in SMG, installed the firmware, rebooted the Wii again, and blammo, the SMG shiny pretty goodness.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres how to get the update to work (Not updated myself yet but it will be no different than last time).

Make sure your on the latest firmware 3.1 so you don't brick the wii if your a PAL user. Burn the right image for you wii region using IMGBURN onto a DVD.

It takes a while for IMGBURN to finalise. Then just pop the DVD in the wii and wait for it to update.

If you have a PAL console and don't want duplicate channels check the posts above. I'm waiting for the PAL version of the game. Its not long to wait now.

Can you go to 1.9g without previously updating to 1.9b?

I think this was previously asked but not answered.

cheers

tehcid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It takes a while for IMGBURN to finalise. Then just pop the DVD in the wii and wait for it to update.

If you have a PAL console and don't want duplicate channels check the posts above. I'm waiting for the PAL version of the game. Its not long to wait now.

Can you go to 1.9g without previously updating to 1.9b?

I think this was previously asked but not answered.

cheers

Every WiiKey firmware release can be used from from scratch, the disc flashes and then installs the new firmware afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had one it was fun lol