DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I emailed foundmy that exact question and yes it is Wiikey who has delayed shipping to retailers AGAIN, not foundmy delaying the orders to us.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm not really concerned about them taking their time.
smile.gif

It better be as good as possible, eh?
smile.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
if the delays mean less DRE's and more compatibility, then i'm glad they are pushing it back. nothing sucks more than buying a new product and trying to exchange it in two weeks for the V2 because of bugs.

DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if the delays mean less DRE's and more compatibility, then i'm glad they are pushing it back. nothing sucks more than buying a new product and trying to exchange it in two weeks for the V2 because of bugs.

Ya but the way they are doing this is poor buisness. R&D aswell as testing should have been completed BEFORE they started taking peoples money for the chip. I also find it hard to believe they keep pushing the release back a week at a time for about the 3rd time due to them "perfecting" it. A developer knows without a doubt if a mod is ready to be released or not and they if it will take more then 1 week to fix something. I highly doubt they had everything ready to go out the door on the 7th, 12th, & 20th but then found new "Bugs" to fix on the exact day they were to release the mod to resellers.

Im not ready to write the Wiikey off as a fake just yet, but no one can deny the poor business decisions they have made thus far with their "customers".

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't minds delay of compatibility, etc
however poor business really worry me most for any future firmware update needed.

I'm sure it takes a while for a chip to get properly manufactured and released. Without pre-orders they may lose out to another manufacturer. There is nothing worse than a rushed product. I know i'd rather wait for a version that works than to go throught the hassle of installing something that doesn't. I ordered mine and that's a chance I was willing to take. Those that prefer to wait will have a better feeling once reviews come out. Then again, once positive reviews come out, good luck getting one.

All we can do is hope the Wiikey delivers as promised. After all, if it doesn't all we have is the current chips. Man I hope this delivers!

brocher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really concerned about them taking their time.
smile.gif

It better be as good as possible, eh?
smile.gif

Exactly right. I ordered a Wiinja (what can I say, I'm impulsive
smile.gif
) and now I'm stuck with a useless modchip in my Wii that at some point I'll need to buy another and replace. I wish that Wiinja had fully tested the chip but I can understand their rush to get it out, and to be honest I knew the risk I was taking in being one of the guinea pigs with a new chip so I've no complaint with them.

Seems Wiikey are doing the right thing though - CycloWiz and Wiinja have both had their fingers burned now, with D2B chips, various games not working (CycloWiz) and endemic DRE errors (Wiinja).

apprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading lots of posts on various forums from people who are pissed off because the resellers listed today as the shipping date. Again, up until just a few hours ago we all thought that was the shipping date. There is a delay of a few days. I know we are all anxious for this chip but, really, this isn't as big a deal as everyone is making in it.

As for the lack of install diagrams, etc. the team has already said they will be posted later this week BEFORE chips arrive in the hands of resellers. If you remember, as soon as their specs were announced certain other chip manufacturers scrambled to update their specs as well to include new features to match those of the Wiikey. The end result was a rushed product with numerous issues. It's obvious that since then the Wiikey team is being very cautious with the information they release in order to avoid clones and/or copycat chips.

DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a delay of a few days. I know we are all anxious for this chip but, really, this isn't as big a deal as everyone is making in it.

Well this is the latest "delay of a few days" in a long line of delays,lol. Remember were along ways from the 7th which was the orginal date. I don't mind waiting in the least, but don't jerk me around. If they would have came out and said they would release it around the 1st of March I would have waited quietly, but to keep announcing a date and then failing to deliver and then announce yet another and another date and still not deliver is just poor business.

I can understand 1 delay in that the D2B seems to have taken everyone by surprise, but it's just getting old now. Are we to really believe that they ran into new problems EACH day they said they were gonna release it and had to bump the date by a week and then another week and then another?

It feels like they had a feature list only and sold that through pre-orders and then worried about research,development, and testing AFTER that had everyones money which is ass backwards.

Ohh well the world continues to spin I suppose. I have taken some sigh of relief that they announced Wiinewz as an offical forum for the Wiikey. This tells me xiaNaix has had some contact with Wiikey Devs and he feels comfortable enough about the chip being real and forth coming and I trust his site so that tells me something must be on the up and up.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiikey site updated!

[07.02.20] First official support forums

Shipping of the final wiikey version will take place this week. You can expect the first units to show up in reseller shops during the next week.
A picture of the final version and installation manuals will be uploaded during this week.

Here are the first official support forums:
www.modcontrol.com

gamefreax (english)

gamefreax (german)

ps2-scene.org/wiikey

thekid

Trophies
XP
Country
[07.02.22] Final version picture & resellers added

We have uploaded a picture of the final wiikey version. The PCB is now optimized with a quicksolder interface and additional test pads were added. The final tests were successfully completed - everything works as promised. We will also provide a small boot/configuration menu!

We will upload the installation manuals and pictures of the packed chips later on today.

The chips will be shipped within 24hs!

Put your helmets on!

alexwryt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They put up a new picture of the final build now with the quicksolder points on (don't think I'll be using quicksolder...). Also says that instalation diagrams will be uploaded later today.

QUOTE said:
The chips will be shipped within 24hs!

Put your helmets on!

Woot!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk