Hacking Wiikey site updated!

Mienaikage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems Wiikey have finally got things together, their whole site layout has changed and they even have a list of resellers. If you're eager to get your preorder in go to http://www.wiikey.cn and pick a reseller
tongue.gif

dsdork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think this feature does?

"Unique disc backup application via sdcard"

My 100% speculation guess..

Basically, I'm guessing they have figured out a way to let those who have a GC SD memory card and a Wiikey dump games to a PC (or SMB share on Mac or Linux). I doubt they have figured out how to access the built in SD slot on the Wii directly.

This is how I see it happening:

1. run a custom GC app that is a derivative of SD load on the wii via burned DVD
2. launch backup app on the GC memory card that holds and SD card (gecko or homemade)
3. swap DVDs and put original Wii title in Wii
4. dump the original game in the Wii drive to an SMB share over your network

If I'm anywhere near correct, I expect this method will be tweaked to work with other chips.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you think this feature does?

"Unique disc backup application via sdcard"

My 100% speculation guess..

Basically, I'm guessing they have figured out a way to let those who have a GC SD memory card and a Wiikey dump games to a PC (or SMB share on Mac or Linux). I doubt they have figured out how to access the built in SD slot on the Wii directly.

This is how I see it happening:

1. run a custom GC app that is a derivative of SD load on the wii via burned DVD
2. launch backup app on the GC memory card that holds and SD card (gecko or homemade)
3. swap DVDs and put original Wii title in Wii
4. dump the original game in the Wii drive to an SMB share over your network

If I'm anywhere near correct, I expect this method will be tweaked to work with other chips.
I don't think one can access the Wifi hardware in the Wii in GameCube mode. Possibly a swap method then.

DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if you click on the Wiikey on foundmy's site, it now says:

QUOTE said:
update Status: due to the demand the pre-orders new ETA is approx. Feb 25, 2007

I got a feeling on the 25th it will once again be pushed back.........

I can't help but feel we are starting to get jerked around now. I mean were looking at almost a month PAST their original release date. I can understand pushing the item back a few days to a week, but to set a date only to get to that date and have it pushed again, and again, and again,ect is weak. I mean they COULD at the LEAST have the install diagrams up on their site and you can't tell me they dont have AT LEAST ONE chip done that they could send a sample of to sites like here at GBATemp for a review.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
hold on a sec, is that delay for foundmy or is it actually for the makers of the wiikey? i'm pretty sure shipping date hasn't changed from tomorrow on their actual site....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: