huni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a first gen wii with a wiikey 1 installed from day one and it has always been working very well. Until recently, I was booting all my backup games directly from the disc channel.

In the last weeks, I decided to play aroud with the homebrew and softmod stuff and I ended up with USB Loader GX installed and a lot of games on a usb harddisk. All is good and it works great, but I just noticed that it somehow desactivated my wiikey. I mean, I can no longer put an a backup disc (that was working before) and launch it directly from the disc channel. It says it doesnt recognize the disc. I can launch my backups using Neo gamma loader, but it doesnt work directly like before.

Is it normal? What can I do to make my wiikey work again? Is it because of some ios stuff I installed for the softmod or something?

Thanks!

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a current bug with Priiloader 0.3b and a modchip, and it will freeze while loading or won't read the discs.

Solution: Delete Priiloader and use Bootmii as boot2 for protection, or go to the original preloader.

~modmystuff~

Edit: Read this: Link

huni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi,

sorry for being a little newbie here, but I don't really know what a preloader is. I did install bootmii as boot2, but I didnt install any preloader, so I dont think this is my problem. Or can it be it without me knowing?

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Preloader is a menu the boots up before the Wii System Menu does for brick protection. Did you follow a softmod guide?

You should always follow this guide here: xzxero's guide

Does anything show up before the health screen does?

~modmystuff~

EDIT: Follow the Modify 4.2 - Enable System Menu Hacks section in the spoiler if you didn't install Priiloader.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I was out of the scene for quite some time, had a wiikey i bought and installed back when SSBB came out, and recently jumped back into the whole deal...if you already have homebrew channel, just install cios, bootmii (boot2, then backup your wii
tongue.gif
) I had installed preloader at one point but it caused nothing but problems, I cant recall the program i had to use to get rid of it....regardless...After that, was able to do anything I wanted...at this point I'm just acting like the wiikey isnt in there
tongue.gif

Since then, I've tried to run SMB backup, but got tons of random DREs, flash drive solved that, and I probably wont burn any more discs for wii...using a usb drive is a lot easier, less time consuming, and the games seem to load faster
tongue.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your problem might be from out of region games. Did you update to system menu 4.2? If you did then you have 2 choices:

1) Install priiloader(or preloader... I was unaware of the disc reading problem but I may very well have it myself
blink.gif
) and use the new region free hack for it.

2) Use DoP-IOS to instrall a non-stubbed IOS60 then install System menu 4.1.

EDIT: Just read about the priiloader problem and I don't have that problem. It seems that .3 r47 and up had that problem so any older version should be just fine.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alerek said:
I was out of the scene for quite some time. . .I had installed preloader at one point but it caused nothing but problems
maybe a long time ago...recent releases are really good. even the OP imo requires priiloader hacks to allow region free wii games in his current situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    thank you
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I'm kinda new here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Xbox ditched the all digital trash can
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, so what brings you here?
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I originally came here to get themes for my vWii, but I got distracted by these chatrooms
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    so I made an account
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, here im mostly active in the chat btw
    +1
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I'm probably gonna stay here as well
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Coming back to my house in 30 min
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Concept: pinocchio but instead of his nose growing, everything BUT his nose grows
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    everything else you say?
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Except that.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would do anything for love, but I won't do that? Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each time psi lies his penis does in fact get bigger
    +1
    Lol damn so that's why it's tiny... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks pretty massive to me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks don't matter, you gotta sample the product first
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it didn't then why won't your wife leave my place
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    rick james- Cocaine is a hella of a drug
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh for real tho, tell her to get food on her way home, I feel like cheeseburgers tonight
    +1
    Tried to get McDonald's on the way home app glitched lol
    Now I'm like ughh what to eat....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They keep bringing back $1 big macs the bastards know how to fuel addiction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apps should allow us to use deals and rewards two sperate things
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Apps should allow us to use deals and rewards two sperate things