Hacking wiikey noob, needs help.

ino69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just Installed my wiikey today, and I dont know if its working. I kinda updated my wii a couple of days ago to v3. My chip is a D2b something. I tried running the kkw..wiikey1.2 disk on the wii, which i found out through the internet that its not working, but anyways, it wasnt working, got a disk error, but the wii recognized it as a GC disk.

so, what do you think? is my wiikey working?

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF ti recognized your burnt disc as a GC game, even though you got the error, it worked. Try looking up the Gcos thing for the config disc.

wiimii

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
1.im not saying you should but i use taiyo yudens burn @ 3x and every burn i have done has worked perfect , get a 25 stack on ebay pretty cheap.

2.it does recognise it as a gamecube disk but then when you click start it gives you the dre, thats normal if you have 3.0 firmware ,

3. to me it sounds like you installed it good as the setup disk showed up as gc logo on the wii menu and therfore you need a backup game , or burn an image iso file from your comp and try that then you will know if your wiikey works properly as it should.

wiimii

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't even worry about the wiikey config disc at all. You should be good to go at this point. The only issue is if region free is enabled or not. But I suppose that's not a big deal. I'd rather have it be turned off, and have to knowingly know I'm using a foreign region, and do all the work on the computer beforehand to strip the update etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night